Aldar Academies are currently seeking an outstanding Head of Creative Arts (Drama/Music) for Al Mamoura Academy in Abu Dhabi for the academic year 2020-2021.
Al Mamoura Academy is a mixed gender primary school and a girls only secondary school collocated in a brand new, state of the art building in the heart of Abu Dhabi. Al Mamoura Academy is a successful school founded on the firm foundations of Al Mushrif School, graded ‘Outstanding’ by the Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge. Our vision is clear: we want every individual, regardless of their ability, interest or need to achieve their potential and grow into responsible young adults.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidate will be closely aligned with the core values and ethos of Aldar Academies and Al Mamoura Academy and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
To provide professional leadership and management for the department in order to secure high quality teaching, effective use of resources and improved standards of learning and achievement for all students.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Strategic direction and development of the department
- Teaching and learning
- Leading and managing staff
- Efficient and effective deployment of staff and resources
- Other duties which may be reasonably assigned by the Principal
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education with specialization in Drama/ Music or bachelor’s degree in Drama/Music with PGCE in Education.
- Minimum of 6 years teaching experience as a Drama/Music Teacher.
- Strong experience teaching English National Curriculum.
- Previous experience working with students whom English is not their first language
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
- A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
- Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check.
What we offer
Aldar Academies are a family of world-class, child centred and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 10,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, housing and free child school places. Our future-focussed learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training. Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
A covering letter and CV including details of two referees should be submitted via the TES website.
Aldar Academies is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to any relevant medical checks and clearance from appropriate safeguarding authorities.