Ormiston Academies Trust (OAT) is a not-for-profit academy trust, sponsoring primary and secondary academies since 2008. The trust currently runs 34 academy schools across the UK, serving more than 25,000 students. Our vision is for all young people to have the highest academic, social and practical skills to allow them to lead a fulfilling life.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join us in a new and rewarding opportunity as Head of Data and Analysis working alongside OAT head office staff and our academies network. This role is responsible for putting the effective use of data at the heart of how OAT operates focusing on how to provide an accurate and objective picture of how the organisation is performing in key areas. This individual will play a pivotal role in informing the Trust of its strengths and weaknesses in relation to both internal targets and external benchmarks, to help prioritise and make more informed decisions.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
· A degree level qualification in numerate discipline and potentially a higher award/qualification in statistics (desirable not essential)
· Detailed knowledge of school performance data and systems, and a current understanding of education policy and context.
· Experience of using advanced statistical techniques to identify trends and patterns in and across large datasets and reporting findings in a wide variety of format for different audiences
· Strong leadership skills and the ability to deliver tangible outcomes in a time critical manner across a diverse geographic network from Grimsby across to the Isle of Wight
· An advanced understanding of how to use data and analysis to drive strategic decision making and a good knowledge of monitoring and evaluation techniques
This role is a permanent employment contract at a salary of up to £60,000 per annum FTE. We also offer excellent benefits, including membership of a Local Government Pension Scheme, an annual performance related bonus scheme, healthcare and childcare vouchers.
How to apply:
We encourage you to contact us for an informal discussion about this post before you apply, please call Carmel Brown on 07557 562197 regarding the position.
To apply for this post please return your completed application form and formal letter of application by email to email@example.com, to be received by 5pm on 19 June 2018.
Your formal letter of application (supporting statement) should be no longer than 2 sides of A4 and should address the selection criteria detailed in the person specification.