Pathways World School, Gurgaon, Haryana, India is an international co-educational Boarding and Day Boarding School with advanced technological facilities, located within Gurgaon (New Delhi/NCR), Haryana, India.
The medium of instruction is English and the curriculum includes the Primary Years (PYP), Middle Years (MYP) and Diploma Programmes (DP) of the International Baccalaureate Organisation of Geneva.
- To lead learning within the department through:
- providing a vision for learning within the department in line with that of the faculty;
- ensuring high standards of teaching, addressing any issues where teaching falls below the required standards;
- ensuring that all courses have schemes of work that enable examination objectives and other whole school objectives to be met.
- ensuring that learning is personalised through good use of assessment data and good assessment practice including focussed work for all ability levels including those with Special Educational Needs and those who are identified as Gifted and Talented;
- supporting staff in dealing effectively with student behaviour in order to remove barriers to learning;
- ensuring that department staff complete school monitoring, recording and reporting requirements to a high standard;
- ensuring value for money and the effective deployment of the department's annual budget;
- ensuring smooth transition of curriculum: Vertical Articulation of the curriculum
- To lead, train, support and manage department staff through:
- ensuring that all new staff receive a comprehensive induction;
- supporting the continuing professional development of department staff;
- keeping up-to-date with relevant issues;
- facilitating the sharing of good practice through meetings and INSET;
- annual Performance Management of colleagues under direct line management.
- To lead the English department's review and improvement planning work by:
- analysing the examination results of students working within the subject and agreeing and implementing action points;
- contributing to the faculty's annual self-review report;
- observing an agreed number of lessons;
- ensuring the effective use of self-review tools including those which facilitate student feedback on their learning experiences;
- preparing improvement plans for the department
As a teacher of English and tutor, the teacher is expected to meet the following standards:
Relationships with children and young people
Understanding of frameworks
Communicating and working with others
Personal professional development
The Employment Contract will be for two years which can be renewed on mutual consent. The salary, depending on qualification and experience will be between US$ 3,000 to US$ 3,500 per month tax free paid in Indian Rupees.
Other benefits include: Rent free furnished accommodation on school campus, all meals free while on duty for self, economy class ticket for self every year from the prior determined destination, ticket for spouse in every two years.
Closing date for receipt of application: May 14, 2017.
To apply, please send a letter of application and a full CV in word format, including contact details of two referees to Joseph Thomas by email to firstname.lastname@example.org