Pathways School Gurgaon, Haryana, India is an international co-educational Day Boarding School with advanced technological facilities, located within Gurgaon (New Delhi/NCR), Haryana, India.
The medium of instruction is English and the curriculum includes the Primary Years (PYP), Middle Years (MYP) and Diploma Programmes (DP) of the International Baccalaureate Organisation of Geneva.
Pathways School Gurgaon is looking for a Head of Department - Music (Primary) with a specialism in Woodwind, (with the ability to accompany on the Pianoforte up to grade 8 level). The candidate should be competent to teach Woodwind & Piano in a variety of genres such as Jazz, Pop, Rock & Classical. They should possess excellent sight reading skills.
Candidates should have a Degree in Music, and a teaching certificate such as a PGCSE or B Ed.
Prospective candidates should ideally have experience of teaching classroom music, and individual lessons in their chosen specialism. They should also have experience in teaching students taking grade examinations.
Teachers who have IB experience with teaching the PYP & MYP Music curriculum would be given preference. There will be an additional responsibility for the right candidate for overseeing the delivery of PYP Music; which currently has three teachers at Primary level.
To lead learning within the department through:
- providing a vision for learning within the department in line with that of the faculty;
- ensuring high standards of teaching, addressing any issues where teaching falls below the required standards;
- ensuring that all courses have schemes of work that enable examination objectives and other whole school objectives to be met.
- ensuring that learning is personalised through good use of assessment data and good assessment practice including focussed work for all ability levels including those with Special Educational Needs and those who are identified as Gifted and Talented;
- supporting staff in dealing effectively with student behaviour in order to remove barriers to learning;
- ensuring that department staff complete school monitoring, recording and reporting requirements to a high standard;
- ensuring value for money and the effective deployment of the department's annual budget;
- ensuring smooth transition of curriculum: Vertical Articulation of the curriculum - K-12
- To lead, train, support and manage department staff through:
- ensuring that all new staff receive a comprehensive induction;
- supporting the continuing professional development of department staff;
- keeping up-to-date with relevant issues;
- facilitating the sharing of good practice through meetings and INSET;
- annual Performance Management of colleagues under direct line management.
To lead the Music department's review and improvement planning work by:
- analysing the examination results of students working within the subject and agreeing and implementing action points;
- contributing to the faculty's annual self-review report;
- observing an agreed number of lessons;
- ensuring the effective use of self-review tools including those which facilitate student feedback on their learning experiences;
- preparing improvement plans for the department
As a teacher of Music, the Candidate is expected to meet the following standards:
- Professional Attributes
- Relationships with children and young people
- Understanding of frameworks
- Communicating and working with others
- Personal professional development and more
Candidates should have effective communication skills in both written & spoken English for dealing with students, parents and teachers, and should be team players, very organized, energetic, highly motivated and self-directed.
The Employment Contract will be for two years which can be renewed on mutual consent. The In Hand salary, depending on qualification and experience will be between US$ 3,000 to US$ 3,500 per month paid in Indian Rupees.
Other benefits include: Rent free furnished accommodation, meals free while on duty for self, economy class ticket for self every year from the prior determined destination, ticket for spouse in every two years.
Closing date for receipt of application : January, 2018.
To apply, please send a letter of application and a full CV in word format, including contact details of two referees to Ms. Neeta Pant by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pathways School Gurgaon, India