Head of Department Business & Economics
Hours: Full time
Salary: MPS Plus TLR 2C
Required for Autumn Term 2021
St. Aloysius’ College is a Roman Catholic Boy’s secondary school with a Mixed Sixth Form in the borough of Islington. It has provided the local community with over 140 years of high quality education. The College is currently going through a phase of rapid improvement and we are looking to recruit staff to help us deliver an outstanding education to all of our pupils.
It is a friendly and supportive school community with a focus on excellence and high expectations of all. Staff development is a priority on our journey to Outstanding. The Business & Economics dept is thriving and we are now looking to appoint a qualified Head of Business & Economics to teach across the full age and ability range and have the ability to contribute effectively to the development of this subject showing creativity and initiative especially with the development of new approaches to teaching the subject.
You duties will include:
• Leading with the development of strategies to ensure every pupil makes good progress in accordance with the schools targets and expectations
• Leading with the delivery of the Business Studies and Economics and supporting careers and work experience programme
• Taking responsibility for developing up to date schemes of work as directed by your line manager
• Focusing on planning and delivering outstanding lessons that inspire and enthuse pupils
• Working with the SEN team and the academic and pastoral team to ensure that opportunities are provided for every child to make progress including the provision of extension activities for those pupils who excel at the subject
• Have a commitment to ongoing professional development.
• Be committed to inclusion and well-being of all pupils irrespective of their ability or background
• Be an outstanding role model in your own professional practice including teaching and learning
• Have the capacity and skills to manage workload and to meet deadlines.
St Aloysius’ College is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and positive references.
To apply, please complete the application form attached to this advert
For more information on St Aloysius, please see our website:
Debbie McDonagh (HR Officer) on 0207 561 7800
St Aloysius RC College
Hornsey Lane, Highgate, Islington
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 18 years