Head of Computing
Dr Challoner's High School is a leading selective state grammar school for girls, with a strong academic tradition and an ambitious outlook for the future. The school has a broad vision for education and is characterised by a highly purposeful pursuit of personal bests with a keen sense of fun bubbling under the surface. Challoner’s girls are articulate, courteous, sparky, hard-working and achieve highly in all areas. The school was graded Outstanding by Ofsted in 2012 and gained the Exceptional Schools Award in 2014.
We are seeking a very well-qualified, experienced and inspirational teacher to lead the Computing Department across the school. Computing is a highly-regarded subject at Challoner’s and will be a very rewarding subject to lead and develop further.
Within the Maths and Computing Faculty you will experience:
- Exceptional students who consistently attain outstanding results and make teaching an absolute pleasure
- Excellent facilities, including interactive whiteboards and other IT resources
- A supportive and highly capable and committed teaching team
- Excellent opportunities for professional development, including a proactive and highly regarded CPD programme, supporting the development of middle leaders across the school
- London Fringe allowance
- A level computing is an increasingly popular choice with the girls.
- Subsidised gym membership; staff discounts at local shops and restaurants in Little Chalfont
The best advert however for working at Dr Challoner’s High School will always be our hugely rewarding students
Responsible to Head of Faculty (Maths)
Salary / Allowances applicable TLR 2.2 (currently £4,399 pa)
Start Date September 2018
Application Deadline Friday 1st December
Interview Date Wednesday 6th December
An information pack is available from the Vacancies section of the school website or from firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal visits to the school are welcome
We welcome applications from all sections of the community and those interested in job-sharing.
Dr Challoner’s High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Please refer to our website where you can view our Child Protection and Safeguarding, Recruitment and Equalities
Policies; all of our polices are available at www.challonershigh.com
The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.