As one of the largest and most successful further education colleges in Europe, The Manchester College provides education and training to a wide range of learners and clients across the City of Manchester and beyond. The mission of the college is to deliver a high quality, inclusive and comprehensive curriculum, in an accessible and flexible way.
We are undergoing some exciting developments which will see us expanding not only our teams but also our expertise, to further enhance our reputation as one of the most successful Further Education colleges in Europe. You could be at the heart of this, as a number of opportunities have now arisen across the College for innovative and forward thinking individuals to join us.
We now have an exciting opportunity for the role of Head of Department – Curriculum within Openshaw campus. You will become a key member of the College Management team, you will report to the Assistant Principal in the management and operations of the Department, developing and delivering high quality support for student pastoral development, academic progression, learning and enrichment.
Key Responsibilities include;
- Direct line management of teaching and support staff to ensure the delivery of outstanding quality focused education.
- Developing, implementing and managing provision within Tutorial and Support across curriculum areas.
- Ensuring that the curriculum meets the needs of Industry, local communities, national priorities awarding and funding bodies.
- Responsibility for delivering outstanding teaching you will monitor key performance data, implement and ensure compliance and accuracy at all times.
- Sharing good practice and quality targets.
The successful candidate will;
- Hold a Degree level qualification or relevant industrial experience/ professional qualification
- Possess a recognised teaching qualification (PGCE/CertEd) and be qualified to deliver curriculum, internally verify and moderate qualifications and awards.
- Experience of teaching up to and including level three.
- Have a proven ability to manage and lead a team to bring improvements and build successful relationships.
This is a tremendous opportunity for a high calibre professional to utilise and develop your skills within our organisation.
You will be expected to work flexibly in line with the requirements of the post and be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
If you feel you could make a difference in this rewarding sector, apply today.
Closing date: 9th December 2016
Interviews will take place on 16th December.
The Manchester College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile for shortlisting purposes.