Salary Range: $70,080 - $100,936 + $15,810 Middle Leader Allowance
Position: Head of Department - Maths
Tenure: Full-Time, Ongoing
Start Date: Term 1 2020
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
St Anthony’s Catholic College is a P – 12 Catholic College whom serves the rapidly growing northern suburbs precinct and aims to foster an authentic Catholic educational community based on Gospel values and the spirit of St Francis of Assisi. As a relatively young and growing College, we strive to provide a dynamic and vibrant educational environment which focuses on the needs of our students and which reflects a genuine partnership with families.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
What we are looking for:
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Head of Department - Maths to join our innovative team at St Anthony's Catholic College. The successful applicant will have demonstrated ability in:
- Modeling exemplary practice in teaching Maths
- Initiating programs to support colleagues in teaching Maths
- Leading processes to evaluate the effectiveness of teaching Maths
- Leading and implementing behaviour management initiates
- Supporting colleagues to review, modify and expand their repertoire of teaching strategies
- Leading colleagues to develop learning and teaching programs
- Engaging with the parents/carers to identify, initiate and build on opportunities that engage parents/carers in both the progress of their children's learning and in the educational priorities of the school.
Applicants will have:
- Current knowledge of ATAR and QCE
- QCT registration or ability obtain
- Experience or ability to teach Senior Maths
- Ability to teach Mathematical Methods and Specialist Mathematics is highly advantageous
What we offer
In addition to the pure thrill of seeing your students take significant educational leaps, we also offer a range of additional benefits to our teachers, including:
- Competitive Salary starting from $70,080 - $100,936 (depending on experience) + $15,810 Middle Leader Allowance
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
Why work with Townsville Education Office
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Complete a covering letter explaining why you are the best candidate for this teaching position
- Attach your current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
- Graduate teachers are encouraged to include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, unofficial academic transcript for current course of study.
- Employment for graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the national professional standards for teachers
Please see Position Description for further information about teaching in Catholic Education.
Applications close 4.00pm Friday 27th September 2019.