Head of Department - Drama
Dr Challoner's High School is a leading selective state grammar school for girls, with a strong academic tradition and an ambitious outlook for the future. The school has a broad vision for education and is characterised by a highly purposeful pursuit of personal bests with a keen sense of fun bubbling under the surface. Challoner’s girls are articulate, courteous, sparky, hard-working and achieve highly in all areas. The school is graded Outstanding by Ofsted and gained the Exceptional Schools Award.
We are seeking a dynamic and innovative Head of Drama to inspire students throughout the school and to join our English and Drama Faculty. The successful candidate is likely to have experience of directing plays and other performances and be able to maintain Drama’s status as a popular option for girls by contributing to extra-curricular visits, tours and clubs.
Drama is a thriving subject at Challoner’s High, we have a modern and versatile theatre space. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented teacher to build on already high standards.
Within the Challoner’s High English and Drama Faculty you will experience:
· Exceptional students who consistently attain outstanding results and make teaching an absolute pleasure
· A positive place to work with excellent facilities, excellent IT resources
· A supportive and highly capable and committed teaching team and experienced technicians
· Excellent opportunities for professional development, including a proactive and highly regarded CPD programme, supporting the development of middle leaders across the school
· London Fringe allowance
· Subsidised gym membership; staff discounts at local shops and restaurants in Little Chalfont
· The best advert however for working at Dr Challoner’s High School will always be our hugely rewarding students
Responsible to Head of Faculty, English and Drama
Salary / Allowances applicable TLR
Start Date September 2018
Application Deadline Noon, Monday 16th April 2018
Interview Date Friday 20th April 2018
An information pack is available from the Vacancies section of the school website or from email@example.com
Informal visits to the school are welcome
We welcome applications from all sections of the community and those interested in job-sharing.
Dr Challoner’s High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Please refer to our website where you can view our Child Protection and Safeguarding, Recruitment and Equalities
Policies; all of our polices are available at www.challonershigh.com
The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.