Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Head of English at our Independent client school located in Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia. This school boasts strong community ties, excellent academic results, and modern facilities.
About the Role:
- Head of English
- Located in Wollongong
- Teaching Years 7-12 English, including Advanced and Extension 1 and 2 courses
- Job Reference: #TES1710-522507SM
- Full time and permanent role
- Commencing January 2018
About the School:
- Regional school drawing students from all regions of the Illawarra. It offers substantial modern facilities set in a picturesque setting
- Prides itself on its diversity as it welcomes students from all backgrounds and cultures. It is a vibrant community that welcomes parental involvement in the daily life of the College.
- School provides quality learning and teaching experiences in an authentic environment so that our students become critical and reflective learners who engage with the world in a context of service and solidarity
- School aims to inspire, develop and affirm students to be life-long learners, committed to the common good, by challenging staff to contribute to robust and innovative learning experiences and teaching practices that build connections and commitment to personal growth for all members of our community.
About the Location:
Our client school is located in Wollongong and 95 kilometres (60 miles) from Sydney Central Business District. The location offers surfing beaches and rock pools line the coastline. Trails encircle the forests and rocky cliffs of Mt. Keira in the Illawarra mountain range, which frames the city. To the north, hang gliders launch from Bald Hill. South lie the Buddhist temple of Nan Tien and Lake Illawarra, a large lagoon with boating and fishing facilities. The location is family friendly. It offers a tertiary education institute and a vocational institute. There is also a range of primary and secondary schools including public, non-denominational and independent.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to meet the following criteria;
- Must have previous experience teaching Years 7-12 English, including Advanced and Extension 1 and 2 courses
- Previous experience as Head of English will be highly regarded
- Be eligible to work in Australia (must have a visa)
- Possess relevant tertiary qualifications in education
- Must be registered or eligible for registration with the New South Wales Education Standards Authority
- Be registered or be eligible for the New South Wales Working With Children Check registration
- Be willing to contribute to co-curricular life and the school community
- Must be respectful of the school values and ethos
- Possess and provide appropriate professional reference details
The Benefits of Working with Smart Teachers:
We are a dedicated education recruitment agency that works closely with the independent and Catholic Schools across Australia sourcing talented teachers, leaders and support staff to fill a range of permanent and long term contract roles. We are a company of teachers who are passionate about facilitating the perfect match between school and candidate. To find out more about Smart please visit our website
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in Australia and meet all national safeguarding criteria. To apply please send your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number #TES1710-522507SM.
Please include your visa status on your CV or if you hold an Australian or New Zealand passport.
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £100 refer a friend scheme. (Terms and Conditions Apply).
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.