This position is for a Head of Department for Food Technology with a TLR1 possible for an experienced HOD to be appointed to the Head of Faculty role
• Good Ofsted rating
• Progress 8 for GCSE is the significantly positive 0.33
• Excellent CPD opportunities
• We are proud of our close community connections
• Admission preference is given to staffs’ children • We are partially selective • £3.5m school expansion
• The School is in a strong, stable financial position in this challenging climate
• We have an outstanding wellbeing programme offering
o Childcare vouchers
o Flu jabs
o Access to the Fitness Suite and swimming pool
o Pilates classes
o Yoga class
o Free eye tests
• Reputation of academic excellence •
Pearsons Award finalists – we are the highest School to have awards given by students. Over the last 2 years we have had 3 national finalists
• First class student support within an inspirational environment
• Specialisms are in Science and the Performing Arts
• We believe every child deserves the best and we aim to achieve excellence in all aspects of school life
• Our teachers are highly trained, dedicated and determined to help every child succeed About the Department:
• The Department has two practical food rooms and a technician who works part time
• Students are encouraged to access the Science Department’s garden area to grow and produce fruit and vegetables to use within the Department
• At KS3 students are taught how to cook and apply the principles of nutrition and healthy eating
• At KS4 students study the new and exciting course of GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition
• We have spent time building links with the local community who are supportive of our work – this has included a masterclass led by Great British Menu finalist Russell Bateman and competitions led by Rickmansworth’s The Café in the Park, thus creating real contexts for students’ awareness of the huge industries of hospitality and catering.
You will be committed to meeting the needs of all learners by ensuring that teaching is of the highest quality and is innovative, engaging and enjoyable.
Full details of the job can be found on our website www.rickmansworth.herts.sch.uk We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and are an equal opportunities employer.
Applicants must declare any criminal convictions and submit to a check with the Disclosing and Barring Service as the post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Application forms and details can be obtained from the website, by calling the School on 01923 726917 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org If you would like to visit the School, please contact Mrs Spinks, Headteacher’s PA on the above details.
Deadline: 8.00am 19 March 2018
Interview date: Thursday 22 March 2018