Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust is looking to appoint a suitably qualified, hard-working and enthusiastic Head of Department (History).
Geography is a popular and highly successful subject at Washwood Heath Academy with an experienced team of specialist geographers. Applicants should have experience in delivering outstanding outcomes for students and a passion for Geography and its place within our school curriculum. As an Academy we are adopting a Knowledge Rich Curriculum to ensure our pupils are offered the best possible curriculum. The successful candidate would be joining us at an exciting time on this journey, with the opportunity to shape what Geography at Washwood Heath looks like, as well as opportunities to work and collaborate with the Primary phase of our Academy.
The aim of the Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust is to provide the best possible learning opportunities for the young people within the areas it serves. The Multi Academy Trust will provide the staff and services needed to administer, organize and deliver these provisions of the highest quality.
• Have motivated, vibrant, multi-ethnic students and staff
• Have a strong family ethos where individuals are respected and valued
• Offer an excellent induction programme within a friendly and supportive environment
• Offer a whole range of opportunities to develop further colleagues’ teaching skills and leadership potential
• Are creative and innovative in our approach to all aspects of school life
• Are well resourced and ICT rich
• Are committed to continuous improvement
• Are part of the WHA Trust that provides numerous professional development opportunities, on-site
parking and Perkbox benefits, which include discounted restaurants and free mobile phone insurance.
It is a very exciting time to join our Academy and we are looking for a highly motivated, skilled and creative teacher to join a committed team of subject specialists.
For further details and Application pack please visit the school website: www.washwoodheath.com/vacancies
Closing date for applications: 10:00am Tuesday 21st May 2019
Washwood Heath Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.