Smart Teachers is recruiting for a KS5 Health and Physical Education Teacher for a Head of Department role at a highly reputable, independent school located in Melbourne, Australia. This permanent position will commence in January, 2018.
About the Role:
- Head of Department – Health and Human Development & Physical Education
- Located in Australia
- Must be able to teach Year 12 Health and PE (equivalent to Key Stage 5)
- Strong curriculum background
- Full-time, permanent role commencing 2018
- Job Reference: #TES1707-161194NB
About the School:
- Independent grammar school catering for P-10 (Ages 5 – 16)
- Developing the capacity in students to question without fear
- Positive and engaging curriculum
- Promotes strong work ethic in staff and students
- Commitment to current research in educational pedagogy
About the Location:
Our client school is located in the western suburbs of Melbourne, just a short commute from central Melbourne – Australia’s second largest city. Melbourne is a growing multi-cultural city that is well known for its art, great food and sports. This school has excellent community links and welcomes people from all backgrounds.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to meet the following criteria;
- Be eligible to work in Australia (must have a visa)
- Possess relevant tertiary qualifications in education
- Hold a teaching qualification recognised in Australia
- Must be registered or eligible for registration with the Victorian Institute of Teachers
- Be willing to contribute to co-curricular life and the school community
- Must be respectful of the school values and ethos
- Possess and provide appropriate reference details and police clearances
The Benefits of Working with Smart:
We are a dedicated education recruitment agency that works closely with the independent and Catholic Schools across Australia sourcing talented teachers, leaders and support staff to fill a range of permanent and long term contract roles. We are a company of teachers who are passionate about facilitating the perfect match between school and candidate. We are honest, realistic, and above all we will not waste your time. To find out more about Smart please visit our website
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in Australia and meet all national safeguarding criteria. To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number #TES1707-161194NB
Please include your visa status on your CV or if you hold an Australian or New Zealand passport. Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £100 refer a friend scheme. (Terms and conditions apply).
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Please note that your details will not be sent to any school without your consent nor any referees listed on your CV contacted without your permission.