Are you looking for a Head of Department role where you can make a real difference to those who need it most?
Inscape House School is a specialist school for children with autistic spectrum disorders and related conditions, based on our Campus in Cheadle. Supporting students aged 5 – 19 to ensure they recognise their potential, maximise independence and celebrate achievements. Our class sizes are small and we have as many therapists as teachers all working as a multidisciplinary team to the same individualised learning programmes meaning greater outcomes for our students.
We are currently recruiting for aHead of Department, Lower School (Early Years Foundation Stage and Primary) to work alongside Head of Therapy ensuring the delivery of outstanding teaching and care to our pupils.
As the successful candidate, you will have Qualified Teacher Status,National Professional Qualification for Middle Leadership (NPQML) or equivalent, and experience of working with children with ASC, in a classroom setting.
Purposed of the role;
To play a key leadership role in developing staff skills and knowledge by delivering effective continuing professional development (CPD) to your team and across the wider school. As a result, staff will deliver strategies to remove barriers to learning and raise achievement, so that all pupils achieve their potential while creating school systems which ensure that school aims and objectives are met. Your key responsibilities include;
- To ensure the delivery of outstanding teaching and act as a pace setter to staff.
- To implement an action plan which contributes positively to the achievement of the School Improvement plan and which actively involves all staff in its design and execution.
- To be an integral part of the Senior Leadership Team, providing professional leadership, management and development throughout the school but specifically lower school.
- To support with the organisation and management of learning and teaching in lower school, developing stimulating and challenging environments which secure effective learning and development.
- To be involved in the monitoring of the quality of learning and teaching and children’s achievements across lower school
- To manage Staff Development Plans, ensuring influence within your department and the wider school.
- To report termly on standards and provision in to the Leadership Team and use this information to inform Self Evaluation.
Previous experience of working in an autism-specified school is desired, as is having knowledge of specific approaches to working with people with autism. Above all you will have a positive attitude to change, coupled with the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with colleagues within a staff team.
As part of an inclusive and forward thinking children's charity we can offer;
- An inspirational leadership team committed to the best outcomes for all our children and young people
- Extensive support from the wider trust
- Excellent internal training and opportunity for funded studies
- Freedom to give your department the freedom to "do whatever it takes" with use of excellent resources.
- Existing dedicated staff team and committed Governing Body and Trustees
- Teachers’ Pension
- Health and Wellbeing support service
Prospective applicants are encouraged to visit us to see if we are the right school for you. Please check out our website and get in touch with the recruitment team for more information www.togethertrust.org.uk
As part of Together Trusts commitment to our staff and service users, any new recruits will be required to undertake pre-employment checks and a tailored training programme before commencing their role. Each programme will be specific to the role and service you are successful for. The trust training programmes and therefore start dates are fixed so you will be required to attend the next available induction dependant on when your pre-employment checks are complete. We advise all successful candidates to be mindful of this when handing in their notice. For further information about pre-employment checks and Together Trusts corporate training programme please contact the HR team on the email provided on your application form