Head of Mathematics:
Are you a passionate, motivated and inspiring Mathematics Teacher looking for your next career move? Join our school to help pave the way of success for students in the City of Portsmouth. As a Head of Mathematics at Ark Charter Academy, you will be instrumental in our mission to provide every student, regardless of their background, a great education and real choices in life. We embody this by adopting the three values: Justice, Courage and Respect. We are committed to ensuring the Charter community of staff and students live by these three values and promote them through our everyday lives, whilst also promoting the six Charter skills: Honesty, Kindness, Independence, Team Work, Determination and Responsibility
As Head of Maths, you will lead, develop and manage the effective delivery of an excellent curriculum, which enables the highest level of student progress and attainment. You will lead the professional community of Maths teachers and promote outstanding teaching and learning and a strong school culture within a nurturing and rigorous environment.
Could you make a REAL difference?
Become part of the Ark Charter community and work alongside our dedicated team of teachers, support staff and senior leaders to raise the expectations of a community, and spark a passion for learning in our young people which will last them a lifetime.
Our teachers work hard every day to inspire each and every student to develop skills which will help them to achieve their full potential - both in the classroom and beyond. Further details of our CPD and training opportunities can be found at: https://arkonline.org/training-for-your-whole-career
As well as professional development, we also take the wellbeing of our staff seriously, as we recognise that teaching can be a challenging profession. Staff at our school work hard but we support them by providing development and relevant training opportunities; as a Lead Practitioner, you will have a key role in facilitating this. We also try to ensure that most meetings take place during our working day to protect our free time and have a supportive and approachable Principal who recognises and rewards the hard work staff put in.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact our HR Officer via e-mail - email@example.com.
Reporting to: Senior Leadership Team
Location: Ark Charter Academy
Working Pattern: Full Time
Salary: MPS / UPS + TLR 1c
Start Date: Sept 2021 (would consider April 2021)
Interviews will take place as suitable candidates are identified and an appointment may be made prior to the closing date so early application is encouraged.
As Head of Mathematics, you will lead, develop and manage the effective delivery of an outstanding curriculum, which enables the highest level of student progress and attainment. You will lead the professional community of Mathematics teachers and promote outstanding teaching and learning and a strong school culture within a nurturing and rigorous environment.
• To manage and lead the Mathematics department in terms of curriculum development, assessment and culture & ethos.
• To lead, design and implement a whole school approach to teaching Mathematics and Numeracy skills.
• Lead numeracy whole academy Teaching and Learning projects.
• Contribute to the leadership of the academy and its staff in order to achieve high standards of behaviour and attainment
Leadership and Management
• Lead, develop and line manage the department’s staff, through the provision of CPD, inset training days, supervising NQTs, ITT students and support staff, etc.
• Monitor, evaluate and continually improve the quality of planning, teaching, and assessment of all members of the Mathematics team
• Manage departmental budget and resources effectively and efficiently
• Lead behaviour management in the department, securing strong routines for learning, consistent with the academy’s policy, and liaising with tutors and parents when necessary
• Develop strong partnerships and ensure regular communication with parents and carers
Ark Charter Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Charter Academy opened in September 2009, replacing St Luke’s C of E School. Charter Academy’s ambition is to offer its students outstanding academic opportunities. Charter Academy is a mixed, non-selective school, offering places to 11 to 18 year ol...