Shenley Academy has been on an incredible journey, having been judged as inadequate in October 2018 to an overall judgement of Good in July 2021, with:
· outstanding leadership and management
· outstanding personal development
· outstanding behaviour and attitudes.
We are a forward-thinking and dynamic 11-16 academy set in a beautiful 37-acre site in Birmingham. Our moto is ‘building futures, changing lives’ and our most recent OFSTED report states:
“..this is exactly what happens here. Everyone involved in the school is committed to every pupil’s welfare, well-being and academic success. Pupils’ mental health is front and centre in leaders’ thinking and decision making”, OFSTED July 2021
The curriculum is at the heart of everything that we do, and we are committed to providing our pupils with an exceptional education and wider school experience, supporting every individual to achieve the very best possible outcomes.
We are looking to recruit an exceptional Head of Department - Science to join our team at Shenley Academy, the purpose of this role is to provide day to day leadership for the department and be accountable for the quality of teaching, learning and educational outcomes ensuring they are in line with the Academy’s strategic plan.
· Provide day-to-day leadership for the development and management of teaching within your area
· Identify areas for development and improvement linked to the Academy improvement plan, SEF, national and local initiatives.
· Develop and monitor schemes of work for your area across the academy in liaison with your department and to ensure the successful implementation which meets curriculum requirements and differentiated to reflect student needs.
Come join our team
Quite aside from the opportunity to work with pupils whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our academy is:
· Committed to teacher development through E-ACT’s professional learning program in partnership with leading training providers such as Ambition School Leadership.
· Leading the way in youth mental health through our very own Mental Health First Aid programme - we aim to train every teacher as a mental health first aider.
· A leader in the education sector for outstanding employee benefits including a generous maternity policy and opportunities for flexible working.
Part of the E-ACT family
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 15,400 pupils and 2,300 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT multi-academy trust is responsible for 25 academies across the length and breadth of England.
Our academies can collaborate and share ideas with one another in ways that schools may not be able to. Most importantly, we all feel part of something much bigger as our responsibilities go far beyond the four walls of a single academy, and extend to people and their communities across the country.
We are always on the lookout for dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic people so we can continue to give every one of our pupils the opportunity to explore, solve, create and achieve.
In return we offer the chance to work with amazing people and inspirational pupils, as well as a great salary and sector -leading work -life balance arrangements.
Find out more at www.e-act.org.uk
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years