We are seeking to appoint a permanent Head of Department with responsibility for the Science faculty .
The ideal candidate will bring creativity and leadership skills to lead the Science department. You will have a proven track record of effective leadership and success, exemplary classroom practice as well as an ability to lead and motivate staff, to think proactively and work collaboratively.
You would join our school at an exciting time as we work in the recently-formed MAT, the Eastern Learning Alliance. We are a group of local schools with a shared aim to provide an outstanding education for our communities where positive and supportive relationships are at the heart of our provision. We are in the pre-opening stage of opening a new school, the Cambridge Mathematics School, which will be a specialist sixth form where all students study Science and Maths. The Trust will be looking to develop a leadership team for this ambitious project and this opens the possibility of a career path that continues to build on the successful candidate’s passion for Science.
The science department consists of a large team of specialist teachers across Biology, Chemistry and Physics and they are supported by knowledgeable and experienced technicians. Teachers work in recently-refurbished laboratories and use the latest interactive screens.
All of our students have their own iPad to use in lessons and at home to supplement their learning.
As a school, we are innovative in realising the potential of all our students and we offer an excellent, supportive environment in which to work. There is an extensive CPD programme for all staff and our staff body is highly collaborative, which leads to excellent opportunities for students.
We are looking for someone who is…
· Passionate about science and committed to inspiring this passion in staff, students and the local community
. Able to provide evidence of outstanding teaching and learning
· Able to evidence a wider contribution to their current school over a period of time.
We can offer you…
· An ambitious school environment where standards are high in our pursuit of excellence.
. A supportive and collaborative staff body with a culture of shared responsibility and accountability
. A network of colleagues within a forward-thinking Trust who work together
. Access to our weekly CPD programme for all staff.
· The opportunity to play a key part in the Academy's journey to success.
· Opportunity to teach to A Level.
· Support through a Masters in Education if you choose to pursue one.
Downham Market Academy uses safe recruitment procedures to ensure the welfare of children. All applicants are required to complete an Enhanced DBS check and only applications submitted on our application form will be considered.
Downham Market Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
About Downham Market Academy
- Co-educational, 11-18 mixed comprehensive with approximately 1200 students, including 138 in the Sixth Form in the town of Downham Market, Norfolk.
- Now part of The Eastern Learning Alliance
- Our students really want...