Head of Spanish
Dr Challoner's High School is a leading selective state grammar school for girls, with a strong academic tradition and an ambitious outlook for the future. The school has a broad vision for education and is characterised by a highly purposeful pursuit of personal bests with a keen sense of fun bubbling under the surface. Challoner’s girls are articulate, courteous, sparky, hard-working and achieve highly in all areas. The school was graded Outstanding by Ofsted and also gained the Exceptional Schools Award.
We are seeking a very well-qualified, experienced and inspirational teacher to lead our Spanish Department and join our outstanding Modern Foreign Language Faculty. Spanish is a successful, highly-regarded and very popular subject at Challoner’s High and will be a very rewarding department to lead and develop further.
Within the Languages Faculty you will experience:
• Exceptional students who consistently attain outstanding results and make teaching an absolute pleasure
• Excellent facilities
• A supportive and highly capable and committed teaching team
• Excellent opportunities for professional development, including a proactive and highly regarded CPD programme, supporting the development of middle leaders across the school
• London Fringe allowance
• Two week October half term holiday
• Subsidised gym membership; staff discounts at local shops and restaurants in Little Chalfont
• The best advert however for working at Dr Challoner’s High School will always be our hugely rewarding students
Responsible to Head of Faculty
Salary / Allowances applicable TLR 2.2 (currently £4,487)
Start Date September 2019
Application Deadline Noon, Monday 20th May 2019
Interview Date Thursday 23rd May 2019
An information pack is available from the Vacancies section of the school website or from firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal visits to the school are welcome
We welcome applications from all sections of the community and those interested in job-sharing.
Dr Challoner’s High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Please refer to our website where you can view our Child Protection and Safeguarding, Recruitment and Equalities
Policies; all of our polices are available at www.challonershigh.com
The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure