Head of Design & Technology or Aspiring Head of Technology - MPS/UPS plus TLR 2C - £7017
The Governing Body wishes to appoint a dynamic and innovative individual who will be able to lead and develop the subject offer at KS4. You will either already be a middle leader or a teacher with an ambition to move into leadership. The successful candidate will be a highly determined, outstanding classroom practitioner who has the potential to offer positive leadership and management of the team and ensuring accountability for student progress.
We are welcoming applications from teachers at any stage of their career, and are committed to supporting and developing the successful candidate.
Pleckgate is committed to developing the potential of every student. We have strong and supportive relationships ensuring our expectations and visions are shared with parents, students and staff.
This post offers outstanding opportunities for continuous personal and professional development for a highly motivated and ambitious teacher looking for career advancement. Design and Food Technology is delivered throughout the curriculum at KS3 and Design Technology at KS4. We are keen to develop a further range of qualifications within this department.
The opportunity exists for the successful candidate to create a new, innovative curriculum that enthuses and engages students across both key stages. The department has excellent facilities with fully equipped workshops. We also have 2 large Food technology rooms that are fully equipped to professional catering standards. You would have the autonomy to develop our curriculum offer in Design Technology, while supporting staff across the department to ensure a broad range of technology is offered and developed throughout the curriculum.
The role would suit an existing leader or aspiring leader looking to play a leading role in a new context.
We are looking for someone who is:
• Committed to outstanding teaching and learning practices, which result in successful outcomes for all of our students.
• Able to think strategically and creatively with an excellent understanding of developments in the technology and information curriculum
• Able to engage, motivate and inspire students and colleagues.
• Enthusiastic and visionary with regard to curriculum implementation and extra-curricular opportunities
• A successful practitioner with a track record of high expectations and successful outcomes.
• Committed to their own professional development
We can offer you:
• A bespoke, school led middle leadership programme to support the successful candidate to grow into this leadership position
• A culturally and socially diverse student body who behave well and are keen to learn
• Support from a dedicated and experienced department
• A supportive environment with high quality CPD opportunities
• An ICT rich environment where all students have mini iPads and all teachers have iPads and a MacBook
• A well-resourced modern school building, opened in 2011
• Part of a growing MAT with associated benefits such as Health & Dental care plans for staff
Closing Date: Monday 12th April at 9am
The Education Partnership Trust is committed to safeguarding its children; therefore, an enhanced DBS clearance will be undertaken for the successful applicant(s). The Trust (and its schools) are legally obligated to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check before making appointments to relevant posts.
Incomplete application forms will not be shortlisted, if you need to discuss a reason for being unable to complete a section or alternative ways to apply, please contact the recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
A candidate pack and the online application process are available from the school website www.pleckgate.com. Visits to the school are welcome (outside of school hours to be compliant with current Covid-19 restrictions) or alternatively visit the virtual tour of the school on the school’s website. If you would like an opportunity to discuss the role with a Senior Member of staff who line manages the department please contact Jayne Ferguson, PA to Headteacher on email@example.com
Pleckgate High School
Blackburn with Darwen
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years