KAA is a growing 11-18 academy. In our first three years we have built a school which has the very highest standards, both in terms of academic teaching and life beyond the classroom. We now have 720 students in Years 7, 8, 9, 10, and 200 in Y12 & 13. Our school is heavily oversubscribed at both Year 7 and Sixth Form.
At KAA we are building a school which has the very highest standards - both in terms of academic teaching and life beyond the classroom. In July 2014 the Department of Education reported we are “one of the best new academies they had ever seen” in terms of our planning and curriculum development. In November of that year we were inspected by Miriam Rosen, former HMCI, who wrote “the academy has made a remarkable start and is already securing highly positive outcomes for students.” We look forward to our first full Ofsted inspection in due course and aim to achieve ‘outstanding’ in all areas.
We are looking for a talented and committed Head of Design and Technology to lead our excellent department.
The successful candidate will have:
- Evidence of being an outstanding teacher of their subject.
- Experience of teaching Design and Technology to a high standard at Sixth Form.
- Experience of working at middle management level.
- Led a team in the development and implementation of a curriculum initiative.
- Experience of delivering staff training and undertaking professional development of other teachers.
- Led intervention programmes at a department/year group/whole school level.
- Excellent knowledge of tracking and monitoring identified groups and designing intervention programme.
Deadline: Apply by 9 am on Wednesday 4th October 2017.
Please send your completed application form to Lavinia Baboi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also complete the Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form using the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/eh8N7EiLSyU6BIuE2
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. The post holder must be committed to safeguarding the welfare of children.