HEAD OF DESIGN TECHNOLOGY FACULTY
(Starting date between October 2017 and February 2018)
Newton College, Lima, Peru (www.newton.edu.pe) is a private, Peruvian-British, co-educational, bilingual school with a prestigious world reputation. Our beautiful, 11-hectare campus is located next to a lake and at the foothills of the Andes Mountains. We have excellent facilities which include a study centre in primeval Amazon Rainforest. Our student roll is almost 1600 and we deliver the IB Primary Years Programme and Diploma Programme. This is the last year that we’ll be teaching the IGCSE courses as we will be transitioning to the IB Middle Years Programme in 2018.
In 1987 we became the first school in Peru to be authorised to deliver the IBDP and our graduates continually obtain the bilingual diploma with well above world average results.
We are seeking a Head of the Design Technology Faculty, ideally for October 2017 but if necessary, we will wait for the right candidate till February 2018. Candidates should have:
- qualified Teacher Status with a degree in Design Technology or closely related subject:
- proven experience in a leadership role with excellent interpersonal skills;
- knowledge of the IB Middle Years and Diploma Programmes;
- a collaborative mind-set and spirit of innovation;
- an authentic interest in the cognitive, emotional and social development of children.
The appointee will:
a. Help plan and equip a new purpose-built Design Technology Centre;
b. Draft and implement a Design curriculum in alignment with the IB Middle Years and Diploma Programme standards and practices;
c. Train and empower a team of Design teachers with an emphasis on outstanding classroom practice;
d. Formulate a dynamic vision for the faculty based on high standards and expectations;
e. Promote the sharing of good practice and continuous professional development.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- The appointee will be given ample release time to help plan and equip the new Design Centre and to train staff;
- An initial 2-year contract which can be renewed upon agreement by both parties;
- A very competitive main scale salary and responsibility allowance;
- Contribution to private medical insurance coverage;
- A settling-in allowance;
- Spanish lessons allowance;
- Continuous professional development.
Newton College offers an excellent work climate in one of the most exciting and fascinating countries in Latin America.
To apply please send a cover letter (one side of A4) addressed to “Headmaster” and a CV (two sides) including the names of at least THREE referees,
Send all documents to: email@example.com
Pease put "Design Teacher" in the subject box of your email.