The King Alfred School is looking for an ambitious and talented leader to join our unique and exceptional school from September 2018.
As Head of Design Technology, you will:
- take on the strategic leadership of this high profile department
- lead the department’s innovative practice in curriculum, teaching, learning and assessment
- lead and manage an excellent team.
To work at KAS, you will be passionate about a holistic approach to education. We are fortunate to have the freedom to be able to value the progress young people make in all areas, and to create an exciting learning experience that is true to our own principles and values.
As well as sharing these values, the ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experiences:
- at least four years’ teaching experience
- good honours degree + PGCE secondary (QTS)
- proven track record of being an excellent teacher in own classroom
- ability to establish successful relationships with pupils, parents and staff
- ability to be a strong collaborative leader and have a positive impact on teams.
If you share our vision and are reflective, hard-working, forward-thinking and keen to grow with our community, we would very much like to hear from you.
To apply for this exciting opportunity please send your CV, covering letter and completed application form to Natalie Williamson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: midday, Monday 19 March 2018
Interviews: Friday 23 March 2018
Please advise if you are not available on the proposed dates for interviews.
All members of the King Alfred School community are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.