Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Head of Design Technology on a full-time permanent basis from September 2021.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a 11-16 academy based in the friendly, cathedral city of Wakefield in West Yorkshire, near Leeds. The academy benefits from being part of a renown family of schools, which affords opportunities for staff to work and progress across several schools if desired. All staff are guaranteed a minimum of two hours CPD per week and a further comprehensive programme of professional development is provided through our own network of teaching schools.
The Trust provides a high-quality learning and cultural environment that inspires and motivates children. Whether you are ambitious for progression, or determined to be an outstanding classroom teacher, this academy is the place for you. Leadership development, succession planning and capacity building are major priorities for the Trust as this enables them to facilitate rapid progression for those who want to advance either in the classroom or at a leadership level. You will be well supported by an experienced team of teachers and Directors as you work to raise attainment levels and offer an engaging curriculum experience.
The school are seeking a Head of Department with the drive and vision to deliver excellence in Design Technology, with a clear focus on outstanding outcomes for students, you will ensure effective teaching and learning is in place and rapidly raise standards at GCSE.
You will work alongside a fantastic team to continue to achieve the highest possible outcomes for students irrespective of their backgrounds or starting points. This is a great opportunity for aspiring or experienced leaders to build a department. Leadership experience is not essential, but applicants must be able to demonstrate the skills required to lead a department.
The ability to teach Resistant Materials / Product Design would be a distinct advantage.
- The quality of teaching and learning in the department
- Overall student outcomes in the department in partnership with the teachers concerned
- Induction and support of new staff
- Ensuring good pastoral care and personal development for students
- Ensuring good behaviour and encouraging good attendance and punctuality
- Arranging and promoting activities across the department to foster personal development, commitment and enthusiasm in students
- Performance management of teachers in the department as required
- Ensuring that departmental budgets are deployed effectively and achieve value for money
- To ensure the D&T curriculum fully meets the needs of all students and effectively delivers in all respects
- To actively promote the development of D&T across the academy
The Successful Candidate:
- Degree in relevant subject & Qualified Teacher Status
- Experience of leading or supporting leadership of a department or providing support to a school/department
- Successful experience of teaching relevant subject at all key stages
- Evidence of managing and leading a new initiative across a department or whole school
- To be able to demonstrate high quality teaching
- An outstanding classroom practitioner with a clear direction and vision for teaching and promoting relevant subject across the academy
- Outstanding relationships with students and staff members which promotes excellent classroom discipline and attainment
- Good understanding of your subject secondary curriculum, Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information please contact email@example.com REF KR 1419796
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...