Applications are invited from colleagues with a minimum of four years full time teaching experience in high achieving schools who can demonstrate a proven record of outstanding teaching and learning and secure understanding of the National Curriculum, GCSE/IGCSE and A level.
Applicants are expected to be working in a high attaining school and have experience of teaching A Level Drama or A Level Theatre Studies.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:-
- An innovative and creative approach to providing an outstanding education beyond the National Curriculum
- The ability to inspire, challenge, support and empower students and colleagues towards excellence
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish good working relationships across the school community
- Excellent communication in English (written and spoken) and presentation skills
- Commitment to a Foundation to Year 13 school philosophy with the highest levels of pastoral care
- An understanding of the importance of continuing and enhancing the strong links already in place with Preparatory/Senior colleagues to ensure a seamless curriculum and transition from Preparatory to Senior.
- The ability to respond positively and proactively to the challenges of a rapidly developing school
Recent UK experience and knowledge of UK independent sector schools is desirable but not essential. Applicants will have strong ICT skills and a proven ability to use technology to support learning.
The successful applicant will join our vibrant learning community at an exciting stage of our development.
Further information on the position, and online application process, is available through the school web site:
Kellett School has its own salary scale; HK$41,198 – HK$72,145 per month less Mandatory Provident Fund contributions (MPF, currently HK$1,500, per month) Additional TLR’s are payable where appropriate.
Additional benefits include:
- 22% end of contract gratuity (less employers MPF contributions)
- Comprehensive medical scheme; currently provided by Globalheath Asia.
- Relocation package including one month’s room only accommodation
- Interest free loan on arrival, equivalent to one month’s salary; repayable in ten equal installments to cover initial expenses
- Interest free loan to cover rental deposit; repayable from gratuity
- School fee remission (at the level agreed currently) for eligible appointees
- A comprehensive school induction programme is offered to all new colleagues, extending to a Hong Kong familiarisation for those joining from overseas.
The post is offered on a two year initial contract, renewable by mutual agreement and subject to performance. Full employment terms, conditions and job descriptions will be sent to all shortlisted candidates.
Please see Working at Kellett - ‘Application Procedures’ on the website for further details:
Applications close: 9 December 2016
After submitting your application, you may receive an email invitation to complete an online video interview. Simply complete your interview at a time and place that suits you, within the timeframe provided. Video interviews give us more flexibility in our initial recruitment process and offer you the opportunity to provide a more personal impression of yourself.
Hong Kong: 9 – 13 January 2017
London: 16 – 23 January 2017
The successful applicants will be required to arrive in Hong Kong on Saturday 12 August 2017 for Induction/preparation.
Applicants, who have not been contacted by 28 February 2017, can assume that on this occasion they have been unsuccessful and are sincerely thanked by the Association for their interest.
Personal data is being collected for Human Resources purposes, including assessing your suitability for the post for which you are applying. The data will be used by Kellett School and the Board of Governors. If you wish to access any personal data held by Kellett School, please contact the HR Manager. If your application is unsuccessful the personal data you supply will be retained for one year, at the end of which time it will be destroyed.
Kellett School is an equal opportunity employer and as such treats all job applicants and staff with equal respect free from unjustifiable discrimination.
Kellett School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Thorough background checks will be conducted for all successful applicants.