· Are you passionate about helping students to achieve their absolute best?
· Are you a graduate of Drama with excellent subject knowledge and middle management experience who wants to inspire that passion in young people?
· Would you like the opportunity to develop your teaching career?
We invite applications for a Head of Drama to join our developing Drama department.
Villiers High School is a vibrant, multicultural school located in the heart of the community of Southall in the London Borough of Ealing. We are committed to high standards of teaching and have an innovative approach to education. We place a high value on staff professional development and it is at the centre of our work. The post holder would join a well-informed and ambitious staff and would benefit from extensive training and development opportunities.
‘Students and staff have excellent relationships, providing a calm and supportive atmosphere for learning.’ Ofsted 2015
Full details of the post can be found in the job description and person specification.
· a friendly, supportive and inclusive ethos
· excellent standards in student behaviour
· aspirational students who are willing to learn
· an excellent team of learning support staff and administrative staff
· extensive opportunities for professional development
· a great chance to make a real difference to young people's lives in West London
· portable technology for every teacher to support planning and delivery
· an outstanding teacher with proven middle management experience
· a person with vision, drive and initiative required to achieve further success
· an enthusiastic, committed and passionate individual, able to motivate and inspire young people and colleagues
· an individual with a 'can do' approach willing to make a significant contribution to the life of the school
How to apply
Application and further details can be obtained by visiting our school website, staff section > vacancies. Please note that the school does not accept CVs. Once completed, please submit your application by email to the HR Manager, Ms Amrit Growan at HR@villiers.ealing.sch.uk.
We are more than willing to show you around the school if you wish to arrange a visit. Please contact the HR Manager as per above and a time and date will be arranged at your convenience.
Closing date: Sunday 18th March
Interviews dates will be confirmed once shortlisting has taken place
The school is committed to the promotion of equal opportunities and diversity. We have a clear commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. You will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure for the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as Criminals Records Bureau). Further information can be found at: www.gov.uk.