Further opportunities for the development of school wide teaching and learning available for excellent candidates.
Full Time: Maternity Cover
Start date: 1st September 2018
Closing Date: Friday 20th April 2018
Interviews: w/c Monday 23rd April 2018
An exciting opportunity for a teacher with outstanding leadership potential to join our ambitious and vibrant school as a maternity cover. Our Drama students achieve outstanding results and the department has played a leading role in the school’s development and is at the forefront of Teaching and Learning innovations.
About Loreto High School
• Outstanding GCSE Drama results (91% A*-C) in 2017
• Excellent progression rates to Further Education and over-subscribed at GCSE.
• Outstanding extra-curricular opportunities including whole school productions, MANCEP Shakespeare Festival at Loreto College, Theatre Visits and collaboration with our Outstanding Music department.
• Excellent links with the MANCEP Drama teacher network.
• A small school where we get to know our students well, find out what they are good at and develop their talents.
• Excellent CPD and staff well-being programme
The successful candidate will be an experienced and well qualified individual with:
• A commitment to ensuring that every child can access high quality learning and achieve their potential.
• the ability to deliver excellent lessons which lead to consistently high levels of progress for all pupils;
• excellent and up to date knowledge of teaching and learning;
• a commitment to Loreto High School’s high expectations and powerful ethos;
• an ambitious vision for the leadership and teaching of Drama.
• the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of our students.
• The commitment and drive to ensure that Drama has a high profile both in the school and the wider community through school productions and events.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.