As a 7-18 State Boarding School we are seeking a Head of Drama to provide inspirational leadership of the Drama Department and effective delivery of an outstanding Drama curriculum, ensuring that all our pupils make excellent progress.
The successful candidate would lead the Drama Department as a vibrant part of the school community and oversee and support the delivery of a high quality co-curricular programme.
The successful candidate will be:
• Passionate about the teaching of Drama and committed to leading the co-curricular programme of the school within the subject
• An excellent classroom practitioner with an understanding of high quality teaching and learning
• Experience of successful teaching of Drama to GCSE and A level
• Experienced in effective data tracking and intervention to support progress
• Able to lead and inspire others to achieve success
• Enthusiastic about their own professional development
Benefits of working at our school:
Single or larger rent-free accommodation may be available for the appointee in return for boarding duties.
To apply, please complete an application form with a covering letter or supporting by clicking the apply now button.
Please apply as soon as possible. Shortlisted candidates will be called for interview soon after receipt of application.
The Royal Alexandra and Albert School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an Enhanced DBS check.
As outlined in the Privacy Notice, it is our policy to retain all application forms for unsuccessful applicants for a period of twelve months, after which time they are securely destroyed. If another suitable vacancy arises during that period which we think might suit your skills and experience, we may contact you to make you aware of the vacancy. We take the submission of an online application as consent for us to use your application form in this way.