Newlands – an outstanding (OFSTED 2018) and over-subscribed girls’ 11-18 school - is seeking an enthusiastic and professional Head of Drama for September 2019.
We are once again celebrating excellent GCSE results with 90% 9-4 (including Maths and English) and a Progress 8 score of 0.54. We also had impressive outcomes at A-Level with a 100% pass rate and 83% A*-C.
There are currently 6 members of staff in our highly successful Drama Department. In 2018, 61% of GCSE Drama students achieved Grades 7-9. At A-Level, 100% of students achieved A*-B.
This is an excellent opportunity for a person with vision and energy to take on the leadership of a department which is highly valued by pupils, parents and governors.
We are looking for:
- Someone with exciting ideas to build on good practice
- A leader who can both challenge and support staff and pupils
- An outstanding practitioner committed to high achievement for all pupils
We can offer you:
- A school where colleagues are supportive and pupils highly motivated
- A school where behaviour is excellent and discipline is strong
- A dedicated department with a high level of expertise
- A Leadership Team committed to developing the important role of Middle Leaders
Further details of the post and application forms are available on our website at www.newlandsgirlsschool.co.uk or from Mrs Bateson, the Hea dteacher’s E.A. Letters of application and completed forms should be returned to Dr L.V. Ceska, Headteacher, by noon on Tuesday 7th May 2019. Interviews will take place shortly afterwards.
We reserve the right to close the application early should we receive an overwhelming response.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.