Malvern College Chengdu are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Head of EAL.
The successful candidate will contribute to the development and delivery of the College’s vision and values. They will be a supportive member of the Senior School Team and help ensure the success of Malvern College Chengdu as a leading independent school in China.
- Lead the recruitment, retention and performance management of the EAL Department to ensure consistently high standards of teaching
- Maintain a departmental development plan with milestones for progressing towards the school's vision
- Plan and manage the resources of the EAL Department, e.g. co-ordinate the administrative support for the Department, develop the backup plan for absent colleagues, allocate teachers to sets consistent with their strengths and needs of the school
- Lead and manage a professional community of subject teachers to ensure the highest possible student attainment and progress
- Act as an ambassador for the EAL Department to the school, parents, visitors and other schools and contribute to the school’s public relations and marketing activities
- Develop, set up, manage and review the activities relating to the EAL curriculum for the whole school and for each academic level respectively
- Advise the Headmaster with regard to the allocation of teachers to classes within the EAL Department
- Be aware of academic and curricular changes affecting the subject and ensure that everyone in the Department is up-to-date
- Contribute to the overall curriculum planning of the school including attending Heads of Department meetings, Academic Committee meetings, etc
- Contribute to the delivery of whole school INSET on the subject of EAL
- Teach EAL throughout Malvern College Chengdu (Years 7 – 13) to IGCSE, IELTS and TOEFL
- Implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated English/EAL curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate
- Be involved with other aspects of school life associated with the subject, such as organising appropriate educational trips and visits
- Develop Schemes of Work
- Play a part in the broader life and running of this international boarding school
- A degree in English language or literature and a recognised teaching qualification in English/EAL
- Level of spoken English must be equivalent to that of a native speaker
- Experience of teaching EAL pupils in an international school or bi-lingual school is preferable
- Experience in curriculum development
- A successful track record of teaching IGCSE, IELTS and TOEFL is highly desirable
For further information about working for Malvern College Chengdu please download the general information pack.
All applications should be submitted online via www.malverncollegeinternational.org/Current-Vacancies. You are required to complete your online profile and supporting statement and upload your CV. You are also required to provide details of three referees.
Contract Type: Full time, Two Years
Start date: August 2019
Closing date: 3rd May 2019
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview via Skype. Candidates may be contacted at any stage after submitting their applications.
Malvern College Chengdu exists to provide a quality all round education for students and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks. Please note that we will need to take up the references provided in your application form prior to interview.
Please contact email@example.com with any queries about this role. Please note that a CV will not be accepted in place of the online application form.
For further information about Malvern College Chengdu, please visit our website at www.malvernchengdu.cn/en/. To find out more about the Malvern College International family, please visit www.malverncollegeinternational.org