Al Rabeeh Academy is seeking to appoint a Head of Early Years. This role carries a great deal of responsibility and as such the successful candidate will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team. You must be committed to developing the Core EYFS vision, with creativity and high standards at its heart. We look forward to welcoming an exceptional candidate with energy, warmth and vision to join our lovely early years team.
Al Rabeeh Academy is a beautiful, purpose built school, opened in August 2017 and is a part of a growing network of schools. The Al Rabeeh name has been synonymous throughout the city for high quality education and pastoral care since 1979. Our school is a member of British Schools in the Middle East (BSME) which provides excellent opportunities for inter-school competitions, tournaments and CPD.
Al Rabeeh Academy is a bilingual private school from FS1 to Year 13, delivering the English National Curriculum, alongside Arabic. Successful candidates will be highly committed team players with the drive, energy and passion to effectively develop Al Rabeeh Academy's early years environment.
Successful applicants will need to be understanding of the ethos and values of Al Rabeeh Academy, a school with a high population of Arabic speaking students. The successful candidate will be an outstanding communicator, confident in establishing open communication with students, staff, parents and outside agencies.
Applicants must be fluent English speakers, hold a relevant degree in Childhood Education or Education and have a minimum of 5 years’ leadership experience of teaching in Early Years settings that follow the National Curriculum of England.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
• A high level of professionalism and the consideration of the wellbeing of young children
• To be a leading practitioner, modelling effective methodology and practice to inspire Early Years team members. To lead, manage and evaluate the delivery of high quality teaching and learning in the Early Years.
• To translate the vision into best practice through innovative planning and teaching that provides high quality learning
• Experience of current UK initiatives and developments in safeguarding, child protection and welfare
• To hold accountability for standards achieved across Early Years
• An ability to implement efficient and effective administrative systems and accurate record keeping of student data
• Experience of using data from internal assessments and standardised tests and external assessments to track student progress
• The ability to support the pastoral welfare and mentoring of vulnerable students, as well as stretch/challenge the gifted and talented
• The ability to provide a sense of community, inclusion as well as safety and security on school site
• Experience of working with EAL students is essential
• Competitive salary (tax free)
• An unlimited contract
• Furnished accommodation (including utilities)
• Annual return air ticket/allowance
• Medical insurance cover
• End of service gratuity
• Visa arranged by the school
Applicants should complete the application form on the TES website via the Quick Apply button. Please submit a CV of no more than 2 pages together with a recent photograph, and a scanned degree certificate.
Applicants must possess a passport from an English speaking country
Please note that the school reserves the right to begin the recruitment process prior to the closing date. Therefore, candidates are recommended to submit their application as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted in Abu Dhabi or via Skype with the Principal, Ms Barbara Lubaczewska.
Start date for this position will be either April 2021 or August 2021 depending on the availability of the applicant.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Al Rabeeh Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undergo child protection screening. Issues relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students will be explored at interview.
Al Rabeeh Academy
Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
Opened in September 2017, Al Rabeeh Academy is a bilingual private through school with sixth form teaching the English National Curriculum, alongside Arabic Language, Islamic Studies and Social Studies. The school’s sister school is the established A...