Operating in close association with Harrow School, London, the Harrow family in Asia has a similar ethos and comparable high standards.
Set on a spacious, garden site in one of the world’s most diverse and vibrant cities, we are Harrow’s original school in Asia and are thriving, with a roll of 1,600 (20% of the Upper School are boarders), progressive approaches to teaching, a strong commitment to community service and outstanding academic results.
The Early Years Centre of Harrow Bangkok is a large phase containing 19 classes, over 300 students and 65 members of staff. The centre includes three large outdoor areas, additional free-flow and splash play areas. Children have access to dedicated sports, music and swimming facilities as well as a soft play room.
The successful candidate will already have experience as an Assistant Head/Deputy Head/Head Teacher or leadership experience in a large Early Years Phase and will support the Head and Deputy Head of Lower School in driving forward improvements and maintaining excellent outcomes for our students.
We welcome applications from the UK state and independent sector as well as from those working internationally. We offer two year renewable contracts with highly competitive terms of employment and outstanding working conditions.
You will have:
- An appropriate degree, with UK PGCE, or other teaching qualification giving QTS
- Experience in a leadership role
- Familiarity with the National Curriculum of England
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
- A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
- Recent and consistent involvement in extracurricular activities
- Respect for all members of the School community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
- Previous experience working with students for whom English is not their first language
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check (for applicants who have never worked in UK) and no question regarding suitability to work with children
How to apply:
- Please click on the 'Apply on school website' button in order to complete our online application form
- All enquiries should be directed to Harrow Bangkok firstname.lastname@example.org
- For an informal, confidential chat phone Victoria Wakerley on 0203 194 3043 or email email@example.com
Sunday, 4th March 2018 at midnight GMT (early applications encouraged as shortlisting / interviews will be held on a rolling basis)
The safeguarding of our students is at the core of all that we do. All appointments are conditional on:
- Acceptable police checks (or equivalent) from the country of origin and from all countries in which you have worked
- Appropriate references from your current and previous employer, corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee
Leadership for a better world