Head of Education - Meldreth Manor School
Location: Meldreth, Cambridgeshire/Hertfordshire border
Salary: In line with Teachers’ Leadership Scale L6 – L10
Closing Date: 16th November 2018
The Aurora Group
The Aurora Group is an innovative provider of education and care for children, young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
We are currently looking for a Head of Education near Royston where our Meldreth Manor School provides education, care and therapeutic support for children and young people age 6-19 years with severe and profound learning difficulties and complex communication needs associated with autism and other conditions.
The school shares its site with our children’s home and our young adult transitional centre.
Your role is ultimately accountable for all areas of operational and educational performance within the School, as well as the financial performance and management of the school’s human resources.
Whilst progress made so far has helped us achieved a ‘Good’ Ofsted rating last year; as our Head of Education you will be a key player in shaping our provision; driving our curriculum development and achieving the ‘Outstanding’ school that we want to be.
To achieve this you will be someone who inspires creativity and collaboration, a strong leader and a passionate advocate for your students, finding ways to deliver educational outcomes that make a real difference to them.
It is an exciting time to be part of Aurora and this is a unique career opportunity to make your mark on a growing service.
Successful candidate are likely to demonstrate the following:
- Qualified Teacher Status with further professional qualification in a relevant area. Candidates with Head teacher qualification (such as NPQH) or a willingness to gain such a qualification preferred.
- Experience of working as a senior leader within an SEN environment
- Experience of leading and managing a complex, responsive school.
- Experience of working within a multidisciplinary / therapeutic environment
- A clear understanding of Ofsted frameworks and safeguarding legislation in relation to independent schools.
- Clear understanding of communication, behaviour, physical and health challenges for students, and the tools and systems to improve these.
- The ability to effectively drive, maintain and provide focus to our SEF and SDP
- Quality assurance experience (such as lesson observations and performance management)
- Team management experience.
- Superb communication and stakeholder management skills
If you are interested then please apply on-line, or for more information please call Meldreth and Orchard Manor HR team on 01763 268000 or email MMOMRecruitment@the-aurora-group.com
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
The Aurora Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young adults in our care and is a disability confident and equal opportunities employer