Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
Australian International School has a vision to be known internationally as an institution which represents educational excellence in all aspects of its åoperation. Our school philosophy commits us fully to the notion of a holistic, rounded education, which cherishes the arts and sports as well as academics as essential dimensions of each student’s education.
The position of Head of Elementary School involves leadership, administration and interpersonal skills at an exceptional level. This leadership and management should be provided within the context of collaborative decision making. Some teaching will be involved.
The Head of Elementary School will have:
● A demonstrable commitment to the needs of students in their elementary years of schooling;
● Capabilities to transition students through the elementary years;
● A leadership history that evidences leadership in elementary education;
● Professional expectations that achieve excellence;
● Identifiable characteristics enabling cohesive relationships with fellow, senior leaders;
● Resourceful collaboration and creating shared responsibility without forgoing authority;
● An understanding of the International Baccalaureate;
● Qualities that will engage students, parents, colleagues and the School leadership team.
AIS welcomes the right candidate to join our AIS team in the Elementary School commencing in January 2020.
The ideal candidate for this role must have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- A capacity to provide the required quality of educational leadership;
- Exemplary teaching and learning skills which achieve an outstanding level of student learning;
- A demonstrated capacity to build and maintain effective teams and develop co-operative and constructive working relationships that promote quality teaching and learning practices;
- Ability to successfully initiate, plan and implement programs in response to new educational needs and priorities;
- A demonstrated capacity to evaluate and critically reflect upon professional practice and to assist and support colleagues to develop their own skills through involvement in professional development;
- A demonstrated high level of communication and inter-personal skills when relating to students, colleagues, parents and the broader community;
- Able to travel internationally as a component of the position;
- Demonstrated experience/capacity to fulfil the core responsibilities of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in education,
- Post-graduate degree favourably considered;
- Professional employment leadership experience in an elementary school and international settings.
We are offering attractive salary and benefit packages to successful candidates.
Further information about this position is available in the attached job description. Only applications submitted using the school's application form will be considered. Candidates are also required to submit a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria (position requirements) set out in the job description. Lastly, a CV is also required.
- CV or Resume (max 2 side of A4)
- Cover Letter (max 1 side of A4)
Please submit your completed application form, cover letter and CV by Thursday 18 July 2019, 11:59 PM (Singapore time).