We seek a committed and enthusiastic Head of Engineering to join an excellently resourced department at this successful and oversubscribed Specialist Maths and Computing school. Teaching to A level is available.
• To lead and manage the delivery of the Engineering curriculum.
• To ensure that there is an appropriate curriculum, in accordance with our school policy and national requirements, and that it meets the needs of all children.
• To support the delivery of Spiritual, Moral, Social & Cultural (SMSC), Fundamental British Values (FBV) and the values and ethos of The Billericay School.
• To monitor, evaluate and develop teaching and learning within Engineering in accordance with school policies.
• To be accountable for student progress by liaising with teaching and support staff to monitor and support individual children and teaching groups.
• To carry out self-evaluation across the area.
• To participate in development planning with members of the Pastoral and School Leadership Teams when appropriate.
• To teach Engineering, and other subjects as appropriate, and to be part of other departmental team(s).
• Strategic Planning.
o Ensuring that the Engineering department is aware of and contributing to the School Improvement Strategy and School Development Plan.
o Completing annual department self-evaluation and action plans.
o Ensuring the curriculum stays up to date, relevant and engaging by keeping informed of changes to curriculum guidance and adapting existing practice accordingly.
• Staff deployment and management.
o Effective communication with the departmental team, ensuring that they have clear guidance, support and all necessary resources to effectively deliver the subject.
o Drawing up job descriptions and being part of interview panels as appropriate.
• Performance management and staff training.
o Being a team leader and leading and organising appropriate CPD and meetings as appropriate.
• Curriculum Provision and Assessment.
o Development of Schemes of Work, lesson plans and resources.
o Ensuring Schemes of Work meet examination criteria.
o Developing departmental assessment so that it measures student understanding, informs the learning process and follows the School’s Assessment Policy.
• Monitoring and evaluation.
o Following the School’s QA framework and Departmental Self Evaluation Policy
o Analysis of student achievement and progress
o Observation and feedback
o Action Planning
• Management of information.
o Ensuring that data collected from the department during academic monitoring is accurate.
• Management of financial and consumable resources and classroom facilities in Departmental or faculty area.
o Departmental capitation bids and teaching resource storage and management.
o Inspection of classrooms and displays.
• Pastoral care and discipline.
o Supporting staff with student discipline in line with School Behaviour Management Policy.
o Liaison with parents as appropriate.
• Extra-curricular provision.
o Coordinating enrichment activities as appropriate.
o Organising speakers and events as appropriate.
• Marketing and school events.
o Providing subject and departmental information for website and leaflets/prospectuses
o Attending Open days and Parents Evenings
The Billericay School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
“Caring about success”
Giving individuals the opportunity to reach their potential in a caring and supportive community
The Billericay School is made up of a Lower School, Upper School and Sixth Form College operating a House System with Heads of...