HEAD OF ENGLISH TLR 1.2 (R&R available for suitably experienced candidate)
Required: September 2018
The Grange School is seeking a teacher of exceptionally high calibre to join us on an incredibly exciting journey to outstanding. Since January 2018 the school has undergone a transformation in its leadership and practices to ensure that all students are able to achieve their potential. This is a very important appointment and we are looking for someone who will be proud of the substantial impact they make to the outcomes of students in English and the wider aspirations of our students.
This is a tremendously exciting and opportunity for a talented and energetic colleague.
We are looking for an outstanding individual who will relish the opportunity to:
- Lead a strong department that is fully staffed with subject specialists
- Improve outcomes for students in English and have a direct impact of students’ life chances
- Work with exceptional professionals to further develop a shared understanding of learning
- Further shape the curriculum in all Key Stages to enhance the quality of learning for students
You are likely to be someone who:
- Is an exceptional classroom teacher
- Has a proven track-record of improving outcomes for students or demonstrates the ability to do so
- Has an understanding of effective pedagogy
- Understands how to enable students to achieve at the highest level
- Believes that league tables are not the main focus for education
- Will embrace our highly supportive and professional culture
The Grange School can offer you:
- The opportunity to work within Twynham Learning Trust and share practices across schools
- The opportunity to work with wonderful young people and their families
- High quality continued professional development and opportunities to progress
- The opportunity for SLE accreditation within the Twynham Teaching School Alliance
- The opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful areas of the South Coast
Applicants are invited to apply through the TES website or by visiting www.twynhamlearning.com for an application pack.
Closing Date: Monday 21st May 2018
Twynham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.