Dukhan English School is the true definition of a community school, where all are welcome. We are a vibrant and dynamic group of teachers within a supportive and encouraging community. DES, founded in the early 1950s, is a not-for-profit school owned and operated by Qatar Petroleum.
The school serves the Dukhan township, comprising a diverse community of more than 40 nationalities. Our new purpose-built campus, which is nearing completion, spans 27 acres with state-of-the-art learning environments including an 800-seat auditorium, assembly hall for 1500, 3 sports halls, 2 large green fields, swimming pools and an all-weather pitch.
At DES we are committed to developing a culture of excellence in which our pupils and staff can flourish. We believe:
• Every member of staff is a role model for life-long learning
• In a culture of possibility, where all of us can make progress beyond what we imagine
• Every child in every classroom deserves someone who will champion them and support their personal and academic development
• In an evidence informed approach to teaching and learning that shapes our classroom practice
• In innovation and recognise we all make mistakes as part of the learning journey
• That generosity of spirit and our QP values lie at the core of our interactions both professionally and personally
We are seeking professionals who will:
• Be reflective practitioners committed to continued professional growth
• Be able to work collaboratively with colleagues to support the development of the curriculum
• Provide classroom experiences centred around challenge and enjoyment for all students
• Have knowledge and experience of using innovative pedagogical approaches within the classroom, including the use of technology
• Preferably have knowledge and experience of teaching EAL students
• Be skilled in the use of both formative and summative assessment approaches
• Provide critical analysis of the progress, intervention and achievement for all children
We are seeking an inspirational leader with at least 4 years’ experience who wants to drive forward the English Department. They will:
• Lead colleagues in improving pedagogical inquiry and practice, providing feedback and supporting professional growth
• Be able to build a culture of collaborative practice within the department as well as with colleagues across the school
• Strategically lead the development of the curriculum over time, ensuring change is both manageable and impactful
In addition, we seek an outstanding practitioner who:
• Has relevant experience in teaching English Language and/or Literature through to KS5 / A Level
• Has engaged with current pedagogy around English language education
• Has a strong understanding/interest in strategies to support EAL students
• Understands how to sequence, resource, adapt and refine areas of the curriculum
• Takes responsibility for leading development and resourcing of the curriculum
In return for your passion, successful candidates will enjoy the full benefits of working for the corporation, which include generous tax-free salaries, an interest free car loan, schooling for up to four children, medical cover and airfares for the entire family. In addition to which candidates will benefit from free accommodation and paid utilities, a generous furnishing allowance and excellent leisure facilities within a private township.
Dukhan English School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to have undertaken relevant safeguarding checks. In order to comply with safeguarding requirements around Safer Recruitment’ we will require two professional references, one of these must be the overall Principal/Head of your current school.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 5 years teaching experience.
- A degree related to subject taught.
- Bachelors with Teaching Qualification, PGCE or PGDE, UK Qualified Teacher Status or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States.
- Medical check, References, Criminal background check
- Over 29 and below 50 years of age
Dukhan English School
- Mainstream school with state funding
- All-through School
- Students of age 3 - 18 years
1. General Information
Dukhan English School (DES) is one of the oldest international schools in the Middle East tracing its origins back to the early 1950s.
DES provides education for the children of Qatar Petroleum (QP) employees who live in...