Head of English.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive secondary academy, based in Doncaster. The school is looking to add a Head of English to their progressive and supportive English Department ideally starting in September 2021.
The role will include managing the delivery of English at KS3 and GCSE across year groups 7 to 11. You will lead your department to enhance provision and will get the chance to lead on exciting project work throughout the year. Project work may include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. However, as Head of Department you will have full autonomy to ensure your department meets targets and exceeds needs of our learners. You will lead by example, supporting and empowering your department’s teachers, staff and pupils to achieve to the best of their ability.
“The academy is a ‘truly inclusive school’ (Ofsted 2019). We have high expectations of students, both in terms of their progress and their behaviour. In particular, we expect them to invest in their own learning, and we encourage them to enjoy and make a positive contribution to the wider life of the school. They, in turn, can expect from us the highest possible quality of teaching, care and support.
We are looking for an outstanding teacher who is ambitious and wants to further their career. Candidates will have the drive and motivation to continually improve the department, whilst understanding the importance of developing a positive culture. "
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQSL and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant English Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering English up to GCSE level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• experience managing a department: specifically people and departmental management
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1419589 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email email@example.com for an information pack that includes the school's name, role specifics (JD/PS) and context. Please include REF: 1419589 in the email subject line.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...