Head of English
TPR/UPR + TLR 1B (£9661.00)
Required for September 2019
Closing Date: 24th April 2019
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Head of Faculty to motivate and challenge staff and students in this core curriculum area.
At Helena Romanes School we value personal attributes of hard work, positivity and kindness, and we are looking for someone who can model these values.
We are looking for:
- A talented colleague with a proven record of success in raising the achievement and aspirations of students of all abilities across all Key Stages
- A consistently outstanding teacher who will ensure high quality teaching and learning in English
- An inspirational teacher who is committed to developing creative and successful approaches to learning in English
- A committed and inspirational leader who can inspire and build capacity in staff
- A candidate who can support staff in this successful Faculty to develop their ability to have a significant impact on student progress
- A person with high expectations of staff and students and the ability to manage change
- An enthusiastic and energetic professional who enjoys working with students who has the potential to achieve outstanding results for all students
The English Faculty enjoys excellent results across all key stages and offers A level in English Language and Literature.
We are a successful 11-18 Academy situated in the beautiful North Essex countryside, within easy reach of Cambridge, London and the South East. Stansted Airport is approximately 7 miles from the school. We have good facilities including electronic whiteboards in all rooms and laptops for all staff. A copy of our OFSTED report can be found on the school’s website.
If you are able to inspire and motivate students and staff in order to help them achieve their full potential we would welcome your application.
Visits to the school to meet with our students and staff are welcomed, please contact Sue Este, HR Manager to arrange a convenient appointment or to answer any questions that you may have. email@example.com
All applications must be made using our application form, this can be found on our school website. www.helena-romanes.essex.sch.uk
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.