The Head of English holds a key leadership and management role within the school. We seek an experienced teacher with an outstanding ability to motivate and inspire and a first class record as a classroom teacher. He/she is likely to have successful experience of extra responsibility either within an English department or more generally within a school. A copy of the generic job description for Heads of Department at Colfe’s School is also enclosed.
The successful applicant will:
• Teach throughout the age range from Year 7 to 13
• Work closely with other Heads of Department and the Leadership Team.
• Be a warm and effective communicator, committed to ensuring that all pupils make excellent academic progress.
• Have the ability to lead, manage and inspire a team of talented colleagues
• Motivate and inspire all pupils, including those of great academic potential.
• Be an organised, efficient, dedicated and hard-working individual
• Take on responsibility for all English related entrance procedures: the setting and marking of 11+ and Sixth Form Entrance and Scholarship Examinations