Haileybury Astana is so much more than the leading academic school in Astana; it is a community of excellence at the heart of the city. Founded in 2011, Haileybury Astana provides an outstanding holistic education. As a school, we have a strong focus on academic progress and achievement. Student leadership is at the very heart of our ethos.
When families join Haileybury Astana they become lifelong members of an institution, which puts the child at the centre of everything. Our not-for-profit status means that every dollar we charge is reinvested in the students and the school. The high quality teaching and excellent extra-curricular provision make Haileybury Astana a very special place to be.
Our curriculum model is based upon the English National Curriculum and the International Baccalaureate, but goes significantly beyond the minimum expectations, covering a diverse range of subjects.
At Haileybury Astana, pupils work in an environment where they are stretched and challenged, and have their expectations raised to achieve demanding targets. This is evidenced in our latest results, in which we’re proud to say that our students have done exceptionally well. Such success is a result of the partnership between the school, our pupils and their parents through our commitment to parental engagement.
We are very proud of the exceptional body of teaching staff we have working across the school, engaging our pupils in a wide range of exciting learning opportunities.
Our excellent team ensures that every pupil is guided and cared for, working hard to ensure that their individual needs are met. Pupils leave Haileybury Astana accomplished in academic skills and become architects of lives that exceed expectations.
In a nutshell, Haileybury Astana is a challenging and yet exhilarating place to learn, develop and explore.
- We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Head of English. This position will have strategic responsibility for languages and English across the curriculum.
- This is a unique opportunity to join a highly talented team that are quickly establishing Haileybury Astana as the leading school in central Asia.
We want our Head of Faculty to be someone who:
- can develop a broad and balanced curriculum and maintain high teaching and learning standards.
- is engaging, possesses excellent communication skills and has strong emotional intelligence.
- helps to develop a collaborative and supportive culture amongst colleagues, in which information, ideas and resources are shared.
- can deliver well-planned, engaging and creative learning experiences for pupils.
- will contribute to the co-curricular programme and whole-school activities in a committed and enthusiastic manner.
- will work co-operatively and supportively with all members of staff.
- has a proven track record of excellent results at both IGCSE and IB DP.
- Experience in teaching learners for whom English is not their first language preferred.
- The School offers a competitive tax paid salary, accommodation, baggage allowance, medical insurance, gratuity, pension contributions and annual flights.
Haileybury Astana is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and those connected to the school to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening including reference checks with previous employers and a DBS check or equivalent.
To apply and for further details please contact Mrs Kathryn Walsh at: Astana.Recruitment@haileybury.com by emailing your letter of application, CV, a recent photo and contact details of 3 referees.
Closing date for applications is: Tuesday 3rd April 2018 but the school reserves the right to make an appointment before the closing date.