Here at Penwortham Priory Academy, we consider ourselves to be one big family. We are situated in Penwortham, which is a leafy suburb of South Ribble. The growing numbers and popularity of the school within the local community will result in 200 more pupils being in the school at September 2018 start from present.
At Priory, we want a system in which all children and young people achieve. We believe we can have a great school that delivers quality and equality for all our students. This will involve imagination, courage and collective action, with capacity building at its heart – leadership capacity, pedagogical capacity and the capacity for creativity and action. If this is something which you think you could be part of, please read on.
We are looking for
- Someone who can promote a love and passion of learning and pupils intellectual curiosity.
- Someone who has a clear understanding of the needs of all students, including those with special educational needs; those of high ability; those with English as an additional language; those with disabilities; and being able to use and evaluate distinctive teaching approaches to engage and support them.
- Someone who can set targets that stretch and challenge students of all backgrounds, abilities and dispositions.
- Someone with a continued commitment to their own professional development.
- Someone with management experience in subject area or a key stage.
What we can offer you
- Committed students who are positive and keen to learn.
- The opportunity to become a part of our friendly and supportive family.
- Excellent professional development and guidance - we believe it is necessary to consciously build professional capital and trust among teachers, and create the conditions for teachers to work together to improve practice within and across schools.
- Excellent and innovative facilities right across the school.
For more information, please refer to the attached documents and the link below.
Closing date - 16 October 2017 at 12 noon
Interviews - Week Commencing 23 October 2017
Please apply via the 'quick apply' link - you can apply this way, even if you do not currently have a TES account.