Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Head of English on a full-time permanent basis from April 2021 (this can be negotiated).
This is an exciting opportunity to join an 11-16 academy, based in the coastal town of Redcar in the north-east, near Middlesbrough. They are focused on creating a culture of success, a positive climate for learning, and increased attainment, achievement and social and emotional development.
They have been part of an established Trust since October 2017 and is an exceptional place to build your future. Their hard working community is welcoming & friendly; students and staff make excellent progress together, on the beautiful North Yorkshire coast.
The Academy expect staff to bring out the best in each and every student. Their diverse curriculum has something for everyone, with extra guidance for those requiring additional support, and they do whatever it takes to help young people develop a sense of responsibility – towards themselves, each other, their community and the wider world. They are extremely proud of the transformation their academy has started and therefore are seeking applications from outstanding applicants with integrity, imagination and energy for this rewarding role as a Head of English.
This is an opportunity to join an established English Department who are committed to driving progress and attainment to improve the life chances of every student. They need a leader who is passionate about their subject and keen to drive their department to provide young people with the best possible education whatever their background or ability. If you care about the success of all students and have the energy, enthusiasm and experience to make that success a reality, then this could be the role for you!
The Successful Candidate:
- UK QTS and relevant degree
- Good understand of the English curriculum across the Key Stages
- Good understanding of school improvement and Ofsted inspection programmes
- Knowledge of departmental monitoring and tracking systems and their role in securing improvement
- Ability to provide clear evaluation and strategies for improvement for leadership teams and departments
- Evidence of leading or supporting leadership of a department
- Evidence of managing and leading a new initiative across a department or school
The School Offers:
- The opportunity to work and progress across the Family of Schools, should you wish in the future
- The chance to apply for leadership roles in the Deeps structure taking on a whole school leadership project
- The support and expertise of our Directors of English working across the Family of Schools
- A full and detailed programme of support and development for all
- A further comprehensive programme of professional development, including leadership
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org REF KR1388718
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Redcar and Cleveland
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...