When you join GEMS Education you join an international education company with a global network of International schools and over fifty years of education experience. GEMS Education is the leading Kindergarten to Grade 12 operator in the world educating over 110,000 children from 151 different nationalities. GEMS Education staff access the company’s professional development programme, one of the largest education training programmes in the world. This ensures the best possible academic outcomes as while ensuring that GEMS attracts and retains the highest staff calibre. To find out more about GEMS Education visit: www.gemseducation.com
GEMS Cambridge International Schools have a proven track record of success in both academic and extra-curricular activities. Cambridge International Schools consistently produce results that are significantly above the UK national averages, year after year. Over the past 3 years alone, GEMS Cambridge students have been accepted to 97 universities in 26 countries. GEMS Cambridge Sharjah continues the legacy of the Cambridge brand in Muwaileh area, Sharjah.
Just 25 minutes from Downtown Dubai, the exciting new school in its second year of opening with 1300 up to Year 9 . Next year they will have their first GCSE cohort and has a capacity of 2500 students and will accommodate students up to Year 13 . GEMS Cambridge Sharjah is a values-driven school which delivers the National Curriculum of England, with distinct opportunities to develop students’ full potential academically, socially and personally in a warm, happy and safe environment with design thinking at the core of the curriculum.
About the Role:
We are looking for an outstanding Head of English to join our team at GEMS Cambridge International Private School Sharjah from September 2021.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced leader or an experienced English teacher looking for the next step in their career. You should be somebody who is looking to join a global leading company and a world-class international school.
You will be responsible for running a successful department and should have previous experience implementing outstanding teaching and learning practice both within the classroom and across a wider department setting.
Successful applicants will have:
- A certified teaching qualification with exceptional subject knowledge
- Experience teaching GCSE and A-Level or equivalent
- A proven track record of outstanding teaching and learning
- Significant experience of the National Curriculum for England
- To be considered for this post you must hold a B.Ed. or a Bachelor’s in a relevant subject alongside a PGCE / PGDE or equivalent.
- The successful applicant will possess the willingness to commit to Extra Curricular activities.
As a teacher at a GEMS School you can expect:
- Students who are enthusiastic and keen to learn in a positive environment
- The opportunity to work within a team of highly supportive and creative colleagues
- Excellent professional development and guidance
- A school committed to doing the best for each and every one of its students
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including:
Competitive tax-free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, free schooling, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence, and end of Service Gratuity.
GEMS Teachers also have free access to our loyalty app GEMS rewards www.gemsrewards.com which provides significant savings on day to day life in the UAE. We offer thousands of discounts and 2 for 1 offers on everything from flights, hotels, restaurants and retail outlets, making your salary go further and enhancing the opportunity to save whilst working overseas.
GEMS Cambridge International Private School - Sharjah
United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years