An Opportunity in Malaysia Awaits You
Tenby International School, Setia Eco Gardens is situated within the Iskandar Development Zone in Johor Bahru, Malaysia, and provides an international curriculum for both international and Malaysian students. We operate two streams on the same campus; one international (IPC, National Curriculum for England, IGCSE) and one following the Malaysian curriculum. The School provides opportunities for students to join either Tenby International School, which consists of a Primary and Secondary School, or Sekolah Sri Tenby (Malaysian National Curriculum).
We offer a rich, quality education with affordable fees. The school caters for the children of international and local families working and living in Malaysia. The student population is comprised of 24 different nationalities and our teaching staff are from overseas and Malaysia.
Our holistic approach to education is driven by our Learner Profile, and definitions of high quality learning and teaching and international mindedness. In doing so, we reflect the Tenby Schools vision of “A united world at peace – through education’.
If you are committed to child-centred education, with a deep rooted desire to help every child reach their potential and are interested in helping shape the continued development of a growing international school, we would be delighted to hear from you.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, suitably qualified and experienced English specialist to join our dynamic teaching team. The appointee will also lead the English department by modelling quality teaching and learning for our students, and guiding and mentoring the other teachers in the team. The role involves working across the National and International Schools, and applicants must be committed to providing an inclusive education.
The ideal candidate will be/have;
- Bachelor Degree in Education, PGCE, NPQH or its equivalent
- Experience in the UK or internationally as Head of English or any leadership position
- Knowledge and understanding of the international education sector
- Understanding of, and experience in, curriculum management, design, implementation and evaluation
- Ability to develop relationships, build trust and command respect
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Cultural awareness, understanding and sensitivity
- Positive and adaptable to changing circumstances and open to new ideas
- Energetic, enthusiastic and reliable with personal impact and presence
- Inquisitive and able to think creatively, solve problems and make decisions based on sound judgment drawing on expertise from others
- An individual who demonstrates a real sense of professionalism, commitment and integrity
This is an initial two-year contract with an option to renew at the end. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- Generous contributions to an Employee Provident Fund (EPF)
- 70% fee reduction for up to three children of employees
- Medical insurance
- Flight and shipping allowance at the beginning and end of the contract
Initial interviews will be completed through Skype. Final interviews will be carried out face-to-face if possible.
How to Apply
The closing date is Friday 15th November 2019 but interested teachers are strongly encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible.
For further information about our school, please visit our website: www.tenby.edu.my
Interested candidates are invited to send in a letter of application including the reasons for applying to Tenby Schools together with a comprehensive CV, a recent passport-size photograph and contact details of three referees (one of which must be from your current school) to: email@example.com
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices, which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
(Please check your Junk Folder for emails and add tenby.edu.my to your safe senders list. We thank all applicants for their expressed interest. However, only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.)