APPOINTMENT OF HEAD OF ENGLISH
MPS/UPS, TLR (commensurate with experience)
The Governors are looking to appoint an ambitious, hardworking and talented Head of English to be part of a great team. This role will provide a first-rate opportunity to demonstrate your ability to lead and make a measurable impact on the success of the school, enabling you to progress to assistant headship, should this be your ambition.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, innovative and vibrant Ofsted ‘outstanding’ school, as it continues on its quest to be the best school in the country. If you want to work with wonderful students, committed staff and a forward thinking leadership team, this is the school for you. We are always striving to improve and we want you to be part of this journey.
• GCSE results are always well-over 80% for those achieving grade 4+, with progress scores regularly placing the school as the highest in West Sussex.
• We have a thriving and growing Sixth Form.
• A Level results and progress scores place us first in West Sussex.
• We are rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in all categories.
• We are a National Teaching School and help lead the Bosco CET.
The school is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the safeguarding and protection of children and individuals. This post is subject to a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
HOW TO APPLY
The method of application is by letter which should be a maximum of two sides of A4. In your letter please outline the relevant experience in your career to date, what you feel you would bring to SPH and how you would contribute to our journey to become the best school in the country.
Please also complete the CES application form and email to Jacqui Inglis at email@example.com or send to the school address.
• Closing date: 9am 25 February 2021
• Interviews: Interviews will be held as soon as possible thereafter. Please note that we may also invite promising applicants in for interview prior to the closing date where early applications are received
• Starting date: September 2021
St Philip Howard Catholic School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years