Testbourne Community School, an 11-16 comprehensive school with an extremely able cohort, is an Outstanding School (Ofsted 2010) which provides a forward thinking, outward looking and vibrant learning environment. We pride ourselves on the strength of staff and student relationships and we have a strong community at the heart of our ethos. Our shared philosophy is embodied by our strapline ‘Achievement | Excellence | Integrity.’ Under the leadership of our new Headteacher and we are working together to continually raise expectations, improve our practice and raise standards of students’ achievements in order to secure our outstanding judgement for the future.
This post provides an exciting career opportunity for an ambitious candidate who would like to further develop their career as part of our dynamic leadership team. Candidates who are considering steps beyond middle leadership may be interested in future opportunities for secondment to the leadership team.
The school places great emphasis on learning and achievement and, as such, the successful candidate will have a track record of excellent teaching and examination results alongside an ability to mentor, coach and lead others.
We are dedicated to offering the right candidate systematic professional development to enable them to achieve excellence. We provide a highly supportive environment with opportunities to develop as an education practitioner and leader. The school is part of PIXL and has strong ties with local school alliances and consortia and therefore has access to a strong professional network in which to share good practice and support your growth as a leader.
In summary, the successful candidate will:
• be an excellent teacher of English Language and English Literature;
• have a passion for learning and teaching and be committed to raising standards across the department;
• be able to inspire others to ensure the delivery of high quality learning experiences for our students;
• have fantastic subject knowledge and, in particular, understand how to teach highly challenging lessons so that students can reach the top grades in the subject;
• have extremely high expectations of themselves and others;
• be committed to ongoing professional development in order to develop as a strong middle leader and beyond.
We can offer you:-
• a highly professional and collaborative working environment focused on developing a love of learning;
• the resources and facilities to continue to improve students' progress and attainment;
• an opportunity to demonstrate leadership in a committed, evaluative and continually developing team of Middle Leaders;
• first rate personal career development to assist you in the fulfilment of your ambitions.