The College requires a full-time Head of English to oversee the leadership and management of the department within the College. We are looking for an inspiring and dynamic candidate to join our successful and growing College.
The role will be offered with a view to starting on 28 August 2018.
Applications from Teachers in Schools and Sixth Form College sectors are welcome. A full mentoring programme is organised to introduce all new staff to sixth form college systems and procedures and to support and encourage professional development.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate. We expect high performance from all our staff, and are looking for an impressive individual to inspire College students. Candidates should demonstrate their ability and suitability to both the role and the culture of the College.
The English Department is a dynamic and highly successful area of the College. Student recruitment numbers have grown rapidly over the last few years and the department boasts consistently outstanding results. The department recognises the importance of offering a broad and engaging curriculum for its students. The department therefore hosts a range of enrichment activities, including: trips to theatres, museums and student conferences; visiting performance poets and writers; talks from local university lecturers; and Creative Writing Competitions.
In addition, our students place a high value on the support they receive through lunchtime support surgeries, the Easter revision conference and targeted one-to-one interventions.
The English Department is looking for teachers who are flexible and can teach across a range of courses and texts. The Department works collaboratively and shares outstanding resources, activities and pedagogical approaches.
Why work with us?
- Regular departmental meetings to ensure support and share departmental best practice
- Regular whole-College sharing best practice sessions
- Opportunities for staff training within the S7 consortium of Colleges & liaison with peers within the consortium
- Regular whole-College communication including weekly staff briefings
- Excellent links with local schools, businesses and universities
- Welcoming, friendly and approachable community
- On site parking
- College gym available for staff use, yoga classes, staff football
- Staff association: regular social events
- Location: Excellent train links from London Waterloo and the South Coast, walking distance of Woking station
- Close to A3, M25 & M3 junctions
Salary: up to £42,475 plus £1,004 fringe allowance per annum, depending on experience
Closing Date: 9am, Monday 21 May 2018
Interviews: to be held on Thursday 24 or Friday 25 May 2018
Please download the Head of English Application Pack and click the Apply Now button to access the Application Form (CVs will not be accepted on their own).
For further information or to return a completed Application Form, please contact:
Kirsty Crook, Personnel Officer: email: email@example.com direct telno: 01483 227438
Woking College, Rydens Way, Woking, GU22 9DL. Reception telno: 01483 761036