George Green’s School’s is a values-driven organisation. Our ambition is to be an exceptional school, characterised by high expectations, inclusion and anti-racism. We want every young person at our school to live happy, safe and economically secure lives. We expect every one of our students to be a change-maker, with an uncompromising commitment to social justice. Everybody who works at George Green’s School believes in our mission to teach our students to be the best possible people they can be.
We are already a UNICEF Rights Respecting School Gold award winner, which means that the rights of the child are at the heart of everything we do. We already have very high levels of academic success, with excellent exam outcomes in Key Stage 4 and 5, and we are restless for further improvement. We are a traditional school with a traditional approach to the curriculum and behaviour. Most importantly, we are a happy school, where children from a wide mixture of backgrounds, thrive and flourish on a daily basis.
We want our students to be the best people they can be, so only the best is good enough for them. We are seeking a Head of Expressive Arts Faculty (Music Specialist) who has the following characteristics:
• A complete and unwavering commitment to the George Green’s School values and the power of education as a tool for social transformation
• Academic expertise in their subject area
• Highly intelligent with an appropriately strong academic background
• A strong practitioner, who is inquisitive about pedagogy, learning and teaching
• The personal courage to learn from mistakes
• Emotionally intelligent
• Highly professional
• Kind, caring and nurturing
• Energetic, passionate and a committed to hard work
• Committed to safeguarding
Aside from an opportunity to transform lives, a career at George Green’s School has many benefits. These include:
• A first-class CPL programme, including dedicated weekly CPL sessions and the opportunity to take part in NPQML and NPQSL programmes
• An early, paid start for NQTs
• A large A level cohort
• Embedded strategies for supporting the work-life balance of staff, including our marking policy
• Excellent amenities on site, including a gym, secure cycle storage and free parking
• A fantastic and convenient London location
If you believe that you are the exceptional we are looking for at our exceptional school, we would love to hear from you.
Application pack and form available to download from the school’s website www.georgegreens.com
Closing date: 9am, Thursday, 20th May 2021
Interviews: Interviews will take place in the school.
George Green’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff, external agencies and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS Check.
George Green's School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary controlled funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years