Head of Expressive Arts (Music Specialism)
Salary: Competitive commensurate with experience
Contract type: Permanent
Start Date: 1st September 2019
Working hours: Full time
The Governors of this outstanding school are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Head of Expressive Arts with a speciality in Music. It is important for the Head of Expressive Arts to be passionate and capable of driving arts throughout the school. You will be using your excellent knowledge of the curriculum and your drive to raise attainment and interest in the study of Music and other expressive arts.
We believe the following qualities are essential in the successful applicant:
• An excellent classroom teacher
• Confident, focused and passionate about their subject
• The ability to gain trust and respect of school staff, pupils and parents
• Outstanding subject knowledge with an ability to share this with pupils in an exciting and academically rigorous way
• Excellent leadership and management skills
• Evidence of recent professional development
• Outstanding communication skills, both orally and written
• Well organised and reliable
• Good knowledge of current issues relating to Teaching and Learning
• Ability to work under pressure
• Loyalty and commitment to the team
• Enthusiastic and able to bring new ideas to the school and department
• An awareness in current developments in Expressive Arts teaching
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and it expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please send your completed application form to Mrs Victoria Lynch (Victoria.Lynch@salford.gov.uk)
Closing date for applications is Sunday 19th May at 5pm.
Candidates will be informed on the 20th May whether they are invited to interview week commencing 20th May 2019.