Established in 2004 and licensed by the Vietnamese Government, Vietnam Australia International School (VAS) is a private school group with the national education system offering K-12 education programmes. At present, VAS is offering educational services to more than 7,200 students from K through 12 at 9 campuses in Ho Chi Minh City.
VAS welcomes interests and application from qualified experienced and enthusiastic teachers to share our vision.
Vietnam Australia International School (VAS), Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam is looking for a Group Head of Extracurricular /Summer Programme cum Physical Education Subject Department Head with at least 2 years (full academic year) experience in the same position at an international or bilingual school; Cambridge International Curriculum experience is preferred. Candidates should come from a professional background of Bachelor degree or higher in education, or a relevant teaching subject, along with a valid teaching qualification.
Reporting to the Academic Division Director, the Group Head of Extracurricular /Summer Programme cum Subject Department Head, Physical Education specific responsibilities include the followings:
A/ AS HEAD OF EXTRACURRICULAR PROGRAMME
· Plan, design and develop age-appropriate and competitive English speaking extracurricular programmes (both external and internal programmes) for students at all VAS campuses from budget development, club/activities design, marketing/brochures and registration and supervision of programmes, to hiring and training, students/teachers assessment and evaluation, and communications with parents
· Effectively coordinate and organize VAS teachers to deliver internal ECA clubs based on their interest, goals and strengths
B/ AS HEAD OF SUMMER PROGRAMME
· Plan, design and develop age-appropriate summer camp programmes for students at all VAS campuses from budget development, programme content formulation, camp activities design/ scheduling (including field trips), marketing/brochures and registration and supervision of programme to communications with campuses/staff/students and parents
· Conduct interviews and recruit all staff required for the delivery of the summer programme and manage the recruitment budget in line with the school’s approved budget and staffing model
· Develop training manuals/materials and organizing training courses for all teachers/counsellors (both foreign and local) in order to ensure that they receive the best support to deliver the summer programme successfully
· Develop and organize the training contents for admission / marketing staff in order to get the best marketing exposure for the programme
· Organize and supervise the execution of summer programme at all campuses to ensure adherence to achievement of the programmes’ common objectives
· Supervise and evaluate the performance of teachers/counsellors participating in the programme and implement improvement plans for their performance
C/ AS SUBJECT DEPARTMENT HEAD OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION
· Ensures a common PE curriculum frame work / outline with clear student learning outcomes for the subject in charge is provided timely and consistently to all campuses in the system
· Provides a consistent frame work of standards, procedures and policies in such matters as homework, testing & exams; student assessment & reporting, teacher observation & evaluation, etc. in all VAS’s secondary campuses pertaining to PE; physically participates in the performance evaluation process for all secondary PE teachers together with other respective Cluster Heads of Secondary
· Works hand in hand with the Central Academic Management Team and all Cluster School Directors to continually evaluate existing frame work and practices; initiates and executes continued improvement in curriculum and teaching methods / practices to improve the student overall achievement in English subject in all VAS’s secondary campuses
· Take up to 25% sub-teaching load as and when needed
· Undertakes the class observation and supervise the performance of all the PE teachers and ensures they meet the expected performance indicators; conduct the performance appraisal of the teachers together with the respective Cluster Heads of Secondary, following the agreed school-wide policy and KPIs (key performance indicators); supervises
Benefits package includes competitive salary, monthly housing allowance, responsibility allowance, medical insurance, paid school holidays, tuition exemption for up to two children, flight reimbursement, visa reimbursement, settling-in allowance and retention benefits. Initial contract is two year starting July 26, 2018.
E-mail your CV directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a relevant position in the subject line providing a full resume, cover letter, scans of all relevant documents/certifications, references (3+) and passport